• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The FA Cup Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that should be us seeing as we’re normally Bury‘s first round opponents....I see some serious money for first round winners 36k.
Does the team that gets a bye still receive the 36k? Seriously, if they don't then they are deprived of the chance to win it. Or maybe half?

StudentGrecian

Does the team that gets a bye still receive the 36k? Seriously, if they don't then they are deprived of the chance to win it. Or maybe half?
BBC article says the winners do receive the 36k, you'll just be losing out on the gate receipts of a game. However, with no guarantee of getting through round 1 and being one round closer to a marquee tie, I imagine all clubs will be hoping to be last out of the pot!

IndoMike

BBC article says the winners do receive the 36k, you'll just be losing out on the gate receipts of a game. However, with no guarantee of getting through round 1 and being one round closer to a marquee tie, I imagine all clubs will be hoping to be last out of the pot!
Thanks, SG. This will probably be the only time we don't draw Bury in the FA Cup.

Avening Posse

Torquay at home would be a decent game and good for the coffers

Oldsmobile-88

Torquay at home would be a decent game and good for the coffers
Yep..Generate a bit of interest after a poor draw last year..At least a few away supporters would turn up to that fixture.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're ball 16 for Monday's draw.

OmanGrecian

If Salford get the bye, the BBC will still show it as the featured match.

denzel

We could always bring forward our game v West Ham kids which I'm sure will break all attendance records

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope we don't get the bye. I hate a game day without City playing.

exeter-loyal

Or maybe scum at home. Do em twice in 2 weeks. That would be great!!