• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale 17/9/19 Match Day Thread

End Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's 18c at the end of a really great early autumn day. The wind has gone round to the north and has picked up a tad, some fairly hefty gusts. With the clear sky the temperature will drop quickly (19.24 if you wish to know sunset time). Probably be a bit brisk later on. No sign of any precipitation. Looking forward to it - just want all those chances to be taken, and not to get caught on the break. Oh, and decent referee would be much appreciated.
Early Autumn? No Autumnal equinox just yet Doc, that's on monday. I like to hold on to summer for as long as i can. Winter is bleddy long enough as it is! Looking forward to this late summer game as i had to miss Saturday's. Come on you grecian warriors. A blue sky day needs a sunshine result to balance the world.

exeter-loyal

I rate Lee Martin however Bowman and Fisher together could be an interesting combo, both lads have a physical presence, both have a decent touch and both can score goals.

Also if we are going to play with wing backs both Bowman and Fisher can hold the ball up allowing the likes of Law and Taylor to get forward.

We have some good options at the moment.
I think you have to start someone like Lee Martin every game. His energy and presence in and around the box is brilliant. His final end product needs to improve a bit and when that does he could be up their with the likes of Law in term of goals. Personally I think Fisher will be used as a decent impact sub like Saturday just gone.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased Richardson is starting and didn't think it was so far fetched as SEA made out, but he was right about the logical replacement for L Martin not being Jay. It's always good to rest players when you have two matches a week, and it's one of the reasons why we finish matches looking fitter than other teams. The last time we rotated on a Tuesday it worked out Ok. Hopefully again tonight.

Copernicus

Just look at that bench, that shows how good our squad is!

CWH-NYC_

Like the look of that line up maybe tonight's the night all the chances hit the back of the net.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
City will be kicking towards the Big Bank in the first half :(

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jack Sparkes taking corners in the absence of Williams and doing a much better job so far.

ryancooper327

Jack Sparkes taking corners in the absence of Williams and doing a much better job so far.
I thought Collins put superb dead balls together last season. Free kicks have been hugely underwhelming this season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It would help if the commentators identified our players correctly!