• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale 17/9/19 Match Day Thread

End Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TSW1389

cant see whole sale changes like some are proposing. Only see Aaron Martin being the only likely one.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As i said my thoughts were that he was a bit slow to react, plus on Saturday we also had the mix up where he ended up booting the ball at their striker, and we saw what could happen when he does that against Swindon. We are paying Jonny Maxted good Dollar he has League one experience so give him a bash between the sticks. They are both good goalkeepers so why not use them. We are all expecting Martin to be dropped tonight yet if you look at the stats he is one of our top performing players.

With regards to Williams it is again only my opinion and we shouldn't be looking to rest players but I don't see him as an effective three match a week player, so if you have another alternative try it. One of the downsides of dropping Williams is that he has got his long throw which could be useful playing the two big boys up front, which is why I would look to bring him on if Richardson isn't working.

Playing both Fisher and Bowman up front should hopefully capitalize on the crosses from the wing backs and Sweeney with both Law and Martin hopefully picking up any loose balls.

Not going to happen but just thought I would throw it out there.

OmanGrecian

Can't make it tonight as I'm away with work. Trying to login to iFollow to pay to watch tonight, but having problems logging in. If I put in email address it automatically loads password, but before I even click anything it goes back to the blank login screen. When I type it manually and click enter, it again goes back to the login screen. I'm using the correct password and have even reset it again, but still having same issues. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can't make it tonight as I'm away with work. Trying to login to iFollow to pay to watch tonight, but having problems logging in. If I put in email address it automatically loads password, but before I even click anything it goes back to the blank login screen. When I type it manually and click enter, it again goes back to the login screen. I'm using the correct password and have even reset it again, but still having same issues. Anyone else having trouble with this?
Try it in a different browser.

OmanGrecian

Try it in a different browser.
Done. Didn't work on Safari, but works on Chrome.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
As i said my thoughts were that he was a bit slow to react, plus on Saturday we also had the mix up where he ended up booting the ball at their striker, and we saw what could happen when he does that against Swindon. We are paying Jonny Maxted good Dollar he has League one experience so give him a bash between the sticks. They are both good goalkeepers so why not use them. We are all expecting Martin to be dropped tonight yet if you look at the stats he is one of our top performing players.

With regards to Williams it is again only my opinion and we shouldn't be looking to rest players but I don't see him as an effective three match a week player, so if you have another alternative try it. One of the downsides of dropping Williams is that he has got his long throw which could be useful playing the two big boys up front, which is why I would look to bring him on if Richardson isn't working.

Playing both Fisher and Bowman up front should hopefully capitalize on the crosses from the wing backs and Sweeney with both Law and Martin hopefully picking up any loose balls.

Not going to happen but just thought I would throw it out there.
Fair enough, I agree Maxted looks like a decent keeper, I just think Ward deserves to keep the jersey based on his performances this season, if his performances drop off then Maxted may come in however based on what I have seen of Ward it could be a frustrating season for Maxted. Good to have two capable goalkeepers.

Taylor has built a squad that has decent back up in most areas, to have done that in little more than one season is a good effort.

David Treharne

It's 18c at the end of a really great early autumn day. The wind has gone round to the north and has picked up a tad, some fairly hefty gusts. With the clear sky the temperature will drop quickly (19.24 if you wish to know sunset time). Probably be a bit brisk later on. No sign of any precipitation. Looking forward to it - just want all those chances to be taken, and not to get caught on the break. Oh, and decent referee would be much appreciated.

CWH-NYC_

A rather full wish list there!
It's 18c at the end of a really great early autumn day. The wind has gone round to the north and has picked up a tad, some fairly hefty gusts. With the clear sky the temperature will drop quickly (19.24 if you wish to know sunset time). Probably be a bit brisk later on. No sign of any precipitation. Looking forward to it - just want all those chances to be taken, and not to get caught on the break. Oh, and decent referee would be much appreciated.

Rog H K

Would be great to see around 4500. Doubt the Potty ones will bring more than a couple hundred so a big ask. 3 more points please City any which way but lose. Although a bit of entertainment wouldn't go a miss. You Redzzzz

ECFC89

Port Vale have been better at the start of this season, compared to their previous three seasons in League Two and look to be a better outfit this time out. Think it will be a draw with us dominating.