• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Haha Banksy : you've been counting the money for 2 weeks now...
Must admit like Snakebite above I reckon now would be better for us. Obviously , I hope all goes well for Ollie’s sake but it would only take a niggly injury to stop the games and goals and our additional money.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
For obvious reasons (potential injury, loss of form, managerial fallouts etc) CASH now I say.

How long will we be dreaming about the Ampadu money I wonder?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I believe (having not seen the film myself) there's a quote from "Jerry Maguire" that is apt here.

(Sets up an open goal for someone to use the "other" famous quote from the film...)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree. The probability is that it won't happen but Palace could easily be desperate enough to make a crazy last-minute bid approaching 20 million that Brentford can't refuse. Still not sure it would be the best thing for Ollie, though. Palace have an aging squad and these last minute transfers often don't work out. Plus the Brentford fans seem to think he would benefit from another season of Championship football.
the thing is I'm no longer interested in what's best for ollie, as selfish as that is, I'm only interested in the amount of money ECFC receive. I couldn't care less if they sold him to the Greek second division so long as the money was right.

IndoMike

the thing is I'm no longer interested in what's best for ollie, as selfish as that is, I'm only interested in the amount of money ECFC receive. I couldn't care less if they sold him to the Greek second division so long as the money was right.
A compromise would be to want the best for City and hope it's the best for Ollie.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Neal Maupay leaving Watkins may play more centrally which could mean more goals, more goals generally equals higher value, i.e. we may get more further down the line if he stays at Brentford, just a thought.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The more successful our ex-players are the better the reputation of Exeter City will be which will hopefully lead to our current players being sold for more.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe (having not seen the film myself) there's a quote from "Jerry Maguire" that is apt here.

(Sets up an open goal for someone to use the "other" famous quote from the film...)
You complete me, Jason - but then again you had me at hello 😳

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or as the Director of the Tate Gallery said:

"Show me the Monet"

IndoMike

Or as the Director of the Tate Gallery said:

"Show me the Monet"
Whereupon Van Gogh walked in and the director wished him Happy New Ear.