• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away End Crush Today

chrisnaan

You could, but that page states the following:

It is considered poor form to raise such a comparison arbitrarily with the motive of ending the thread.
I guess the answer to my question would be that we cant close the thread. :(

journeyman

Good piece on the Late Kick Off Show with some new footage taken at the away end. The main focus of the piece concentrated on our police presence on match days.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
How much of a crush did the Saints fans cause?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
How much of a crush did the Saints fans cause?
None. 3 big difference from the Leeds game

1: The number of Stewards in the away end on the terrace directing people down the terrace from 2pm. They tried to fill up by the snack hut first.
2: The reduced capacity
3: 7 coaches not turning up at 2.45

Conversely, more of them in the BB (and from reading threads, the OG too)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Football Supporters Federation have taken an interest. They'd quite like the police bought to task on this.

Benito

None. 3 big difference from the Leeds game

1: The number of Stewards in the away end on the terrace directing people down the terrace from 2pm. They tried to fill up by the snack hut first.
2: The reduced capacity
3: 7 coaches not turning up at 2.45

Conversely, more of them in the BB (and from reading threads, the OG too)
Plus, there seemed to be stewards in the away directing people where to stand and the end near the Flybe was kept empty until the end.

StixUK

I thought the piece on the late kick off showed what it can be like if it goes wrong. I was a bit disappointed to hear that the police will just stand there until the stewards are completely overrun.

I think there should be a more proactive approach to safety and I believe that on that day of the "crush" they should have seen the problem and helped out sooner to avoid the issue.

It is all done now though and the changes certainly helped when Soton visited the park on Saturday...looked very well organised and I think the club made a sensible move.

looks like everyone from Leeds is willing to blame our health and safety officers.

The police didn't get the coaches in early enough and left it too late to get a large number of supporters in such a small time.

Leeds fans are ignorant and boisterous in their very attitude and presence, so it is of no surprise to me that there was a crush as they have no self-interest.

The tannoy was loud and clear and no 'dodgy' moments of sound loss were experienced. I was right at the end of the OG next to the seated Leeds supporters, so I can verify this and they weren't singing or making noise at that very point the safety announcement was made, so what a load of old drivel.

The match should have been stopped temp. in my opinion just to sort out the crowd and I believe that was the only failing on ECFC part as they should have forced the issue more, no football to watch, gathers peoples' attention.

Silly Leeds supporters for not protecting their own, as all personal responsibility has vanished from the incident, selfishness took over as people were more concerned for their position behind the goal rather than another human life.

Police - not effective enough in getting supporters to move (regardless of how much you think you are entitled to that particular spot of concrete)

ECFC - for not halting the game to get it sorted.

I'm sorry but you will not convince me different, as I saw it and focused on it for a good 5 mins whilst it was being sorted, Leeds supporters chose to ignore the advice from the tannoy system which was repeated at least 5 times over the period of 10 mins.
It appears the report disagrees with you.

Whoops.

Poultice

Exactly, describes your form to a tee, cam on the Wall.

StroudGrecian

It appears the report disagrees with you.

Whoops.
Shock Horror! Football Supporters Federation report finds football supporters innocent...

shurely shome mishtake???