• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stannos "goal" v Southend

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having now had the chance to see it on i-player -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8567218.stm

- my incandescence at the time has now increased to total LUMINESCENCE!

Although its not the best camera angle stepping through it frame by frame it still looks to me that, while Stans might have been slighly in advance of his nearest marker, that big lumbering No 5 looked to be level with him on the 6 yard line when Dunne hit his shot in. (Wasn't he also the one involved in the "penalty" incident as well (one that myopic TW*T of a lino somehow DIDN'T SEE, and one which the Beeb chose not to include))

Discuss??

Having now had the chance to see it on i-player -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8567218.stm

- my incandescence at the time has now increased to total LUMINESCENCE!

Although its not the best camera angle stepping through it frame by frame it still looks to me that, while Stans might have been slighly in advance of his nearest marker, that big lumbering No 5 looked to be level with him on the 6 yard line when Dunne hit his shot in. (Wasn't he also the one involved in the "penalty" incident as well (one that myopic TW*T of a lino somehow DIDN'T SEE, and one which the Beeb chose not to include))

Discuss??
Simply a goal.

It didn' t even cross my mind there was any reason for disallowing it.

oldbutwise

WHATS WRONG WITH THE GOAL??? hate lino's in league 1 :mad:

Cravat

Oh, bugger. That looked a perfectly good goal.

Will have to forget it and move on and make up for it on Wednesday!

Looked like we had some good chances but Jonesy made a few important saves.

Lister

How can you guys say this when you can see Stanno or the defenders at the time the ball is struck? In the last frame before Adam goes out of shot he's just offside, and presumeably the defenders will have stepped out leaving Adam more offside. When he comes back into shot after the ball is struck he's well offside.

The video is inconclusively, the circumstantial evidence suggests the lino got it, unfortunately, correct.

Grecian2K

Circumstantially though, Lister, none of those "stepping out defenders" even appealed for offside.

If they were playing "the trap" one would have thought that would have been their very first reaction - correct or not.

I see nothing there to alter my gut feel at the time that we were totally seen off over that one! :(

PINHOE RED

So even we are disagreeing after watching the footage several times, what chance has the lino got? Seconds to make a judgment with no opportunity of a video reply. Why get wound up about something we cant change?

Grecian2K

Why get wound up about something we cant change?
Because this is EXEWEB ffs!!! ;)

dommers

He was offside because the linesman gave it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He was offside because the linesman gave it.
Or did the ref signal the offside, and the assistant ref then flagged it? Too busy celebrating to notice which way round.