• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 6 Nations beckon

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
For a game where the ball is supposedly in the hand most of the time, there was an awful lot of hoofball during the Italy/England game. Very rarely have I sat through as dull a sporting spectacle as that game.

And are the commentators/summarisers Exewebbers - I've never heard so much whinging in all my life.

elginCity

Dire wasn't it?

Best contest of the day was a niggly Guscott v Davies, summarising the turgid affair.

Poultice

Dire wasn't it?
Totally soporific with the exception of the first ten minutes, for Johnson read Tisdale, sooooo scared of losing he wont let the players play.

elginCity

for Johnson read Tisdale, sooooo scared of losing he wont let the players play.
Come on, for Stockport away the shackles came off, fantastic performance, great result.

Johnson is more roundhead than cavalier, like all second rowers, the team reflects the coach..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was flicking between the Rugby and the FA Cup matches.

I suggest yesterday's match be used as a cure for insomnia. England appear to have good players, but tactically are found very wanting - what gives?

Poultice

Johnson is more roundhead than cavalier, like all second rowers, the team reflects the coach..
In defence of the engine room I give you Willie J's Lions.

Johno, like Willie, does very little coaching although I would agree that it is where the problem lies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure that much coaching is required.

"When you get the ball, run with it occasionally. Try passing TO, instead of a yard BEHIND, your team-mate. Run in a straight line and support the man with the ball. Forwards, try that thing called rucking."

Poultice

I'm not sure that much coaching is required.

"When you get the ball, run with it occasionally. Try passing TO, instead of a yard BEHIND, your team-mate. Run in a straight line and support the man with the ball. Forwards, try that thing called rucking."
Hmmmmmmm ?

Not a bad first try except of course the "art" of rucking has been sanitised out of the game by gay boy referees and administrators, oh how I long for a decent shoeing.

elginCity

In defence of the engine room I give you Willie J's Lions.
But he's another of the all-time great locks, with a poor record as manager. Willie J's Lions were whitewashed in NZ in the early 80s weren't they?

Even the greatest lock of all, Pinetree, had a less than distinguished career as All Black manager IIRC.

Poultice

But he's another of the all-time great locks, with a poor record as manager. Willie J's Lions were whitewashed in NZ in the early 80s weren't they?
First to tour Sarf Frica undefeated.