• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Away End Crush Today

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So now you blame the police.
No, if you look back through the thread you'll see from my very post on here I've consistently blamed the police.

Farsley Today

The evening paper in Leeds has more details at: www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

His initial reasoning was that Exeter City FC wouldn't open the turnstiles until 2.00pm
In that case he could have ensured you got there at 2.00pm

You are confusing two seperate issues.
Changing my story?...don't think so
I'm not confusing seperate issues, you're creating them. For the umpteenth time, what has having a child in the turnstile got to do with the congestion inside the ground?

And changing your story, yes you are. First there was no-one ripping off ticket stubs, then it was a child doing it, and now we're at no-one checking tickets at all.

Point Four again: What impact did the child's being there have on the congestion WITHIN the ground?
Do you believe it was correct for her to be there? How does that fit in with H&S regulations at football grounds?
I would imagine it made no difference whatsoever whether a child was in the turnstile booth or not, and have no idea at all on the ground regulations regarding this, however, as I said earlier, what difference does this make to the congestion inside the ground, which is what this thread is about.

CITY CASUAL

Our away end is just sh*t!!

In that case he could have ensured you got there at 2.00pm
Could've, Should've , Would've...didn't

I'm not confusing seperate issues, you're creating them. For the umpteenth time, what has having a child in the turnstile got to do with the congestion inside the ground?
The child should not have been there full stop. At 2.50 he was still letting his child help slowing the process down and adding to the congestion outside.

And changing your story, yes you are. First there was no-one ripping off ticket stubs, then it was a child doing it, and now we're at no-one checking tickets at all.
Read again and stop being so stupid

I would imagine it made no difference whatsoever whether a child was in the turnstile booth or not, and have no idea at all on the ground regulations regarding this, however, as I said earlier, what difference does this make to the congestion inside the ground, which is what this thread is about.
The crush inside the ground was partly as a result of the congestion outside.
At the end of the day Exeter City and D&C police screwed up. Stop trying to muddy the waters and looking for scapegoats for your clubs and police forces inadequacies

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the thrid announcement, I saw one Leeds fan move to his left, but then he moved to his right again.

Swanaldo

After the thrid announcement, I saw one Leeds fan move to his left, but then he moved to his right again.
He thought it was the Time Warp.

Have to agree with QC we have had games like this before and coped, we've even had far more fans and been fine. What seems to have been the problem was the late arrival of fans. In the case of the aldershot incident this was voluntarily on their part. With Leeds it was caused by the police who should not have attempted to get about 10 buses/ minibuses load of fans in in the space of 15 mins. This coupled with Leeds fans having seating tickets and getting onto the terrace and a tannoy system that we have all moaned about for years made for a worrying first ten minutes. However it was unlikely to be a hillsborough given that there r no fences and two safety exits right where the crush was. Overall the d+c need to be dragged out of the 70's and realise that Leeds (and other big club fans) do not need to be herded into Exeter like cattle that they can behave themselves and can make their own way to the ground without smashing the place to bits... Therefore allowing them to get there early. Oh and we need to sort out the tannoy (again)

scholsey

Surely you have to ask yourself - What could of be done to resolve this?
Obviously a decent away end would help but:
If the leeds fans just moved over it would have been fine and would of been a quick process, the tw*ts that they are it caused problems resulting in their OWN fans being stuck! - don't give me cr*p that they couldn't hear the tannoy as it was loud and clear with a few glitches but on several occasions they heard, thats why the done they wa*ker signs, if they want to act like that how is that ecfc's fault?

A few coppers around the away turnstiles would of stopped all the pushing etc. FACT!

All the coppers had to do was get in there and move people themselves, or just simply getting the back walkway clear for people to walk down themselves coming in the ground to the left.

A few people have said it's the stewards fault???? if you get a steward clearing the walkway anymoney hardly anyone would move, get a copper and most of them would move, if not nick them simply not enough police where presant!

ECFC provide a walkway to access all areas of the away end, if they want to block it then i fail to see how this is ecfc's fault?

I have seen many full away attendances and with no problems!

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

At the end of the day Exeter City and D&C police screwed up. Stop trying to muddy the waters and looking for scapegoats for your clubs and police forces inadequacies[/B]
FFS I'm not 'looking for scapegoats'. I've consistently said throughout this thread that I attach no blame whatsoever to Leeds fans and put the blame fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the plod. Look at my first post on this thread - and subsequent ones to that - I'm not trying to muddy any waters at all.

Get that bloody chip off your shoulder that everyone hates Leeds and read what people are posting instead of jumping down everyone's throats about how we're all blaming Leeds fans. We're not.