• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Adams

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Once more my predictions are sh*te.

Oh dear.
Lol you didn't seriously predict Adams would do well, did you ? It had catastrophe written all over it from the start. (As I also predicted !)

:D

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lol you didn't seriously predict Adams would do well, did you ? It had catastrophe written all over it from the start. (As I also predicted !)

:D
Read back a couple of pages.

*Hangs head in shame :$*

tisdale 1

Resigned
It will be him and southgate the next to gaffers to get the boot. shame though young english managers maybe adams needed more time as number two.reports in the papers today say if he leaves he could be straight off to holland so not all bad.

Gozzer

How much more time did he need as a number 2? He was in that position for ages as Pompey.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd give him the job at Arsenal as..

He hasn't lost the plot like Arsene has, trying to convince everyone that you can compete for a league title with total disasters like Song, Denilson and Diaby in midfield.
He'd attack Peter Hill Wood with a bat to get him to take the money from underneath his bed that he keeps for transfers.
He sell Adebayor to Leyton Orient , which is about his level at the moment.
Go into the transfer market and actually buy someone as opposed to using getting 14 year olds that will come good in 10 years.
He won't complain at the end of the game and call his players "TIRED" when they play one game a week.

He'd actually care that we'll be playing UEFA Cup football -if we're lucky , instead of putting profit over silverware and paying off a staduim that will be empty when the likes of Wolfsburg come knocking next year.

He could arrive at the Emirates and see -what the entire world can - that this is the worst Arsenal side in over 25 years , and i include the woeful Don-don't know-Howe era.

He's a disaster at Pompey but he cares more then the money grabbing , old boys, need the wage cap, won't sell to foriegners brigade that forced Dein out .

Gozzer

How much more time did he need as a number 2? He was in that position for ages as Pompey.
Well, two years, anyway.

angelic upstart

I'd give him the job at Arsenal as..

He hasn't lost the plot like Arsene has, trying to convince everyone that you can compete for a league title with total disasters like Song, Denilson and Diaby in midfield.
He'd attack Peter Hill Wood with a bat to get him to take the money from underneath his bed that he keeps for transfers.
He sell Adebayor to Leyton Orient , which is about his level at the moment.
Go into the transfer market and actually buy someone as opposed to using getting 14 year olds that will come good in 10 years.
He won't complain at the end of the game and call his players "TIRED" when they play one game a week.

He'd actually care that we'll be playing UEFA Cup football -if we're lucky , instead of putting profit over silverware and paying off a staduim that will be empty when the likes of Wolfsburg come knocking next year.

He could arrive at the Emirates and see -what the entire world can - that this is the worst Arsenal side in over 25 years , and i include the woeful Don-don't know-Howe era.

He's a disaster at Pompey but he cares more then the money grabbing , old boys, need the wage cap, won't sell to foriegners brigade that forced Dein out .
I'm genuinely amazed.

Worst Arsenal side in 25 years by arse. George Graham had Glenn Helder, Chris Kiwomya and Steve Morrow starting. I rarely have read so much utter sh*t on these boards, or the internet for that matter.

I'll conced Arsenal could do with a holding midfielder and a "main" striker. But with Eduardo shortly returning amongst others Arsenal will be fine. I'd be far more worried if I was a Chelsea fan. Word is Abramovich has got bored with them as a plaything...

Poultice

I'd be far more worried if I was a Chelsea fan. Word is Abramovich has got bored with them as a plaything...
Not to mention being out of favour with Putey which means his days as a billionaire are pretty much numbered, will be pensioned off with a couple of hundred Bar and the procedes from selling his yachts, not enough to compete with the Abu Dhabi boys.

Bittners a Legend

I'm genuinely amazed.

Worst Arsenal side in 25 years by arse. George Graham had Glenn Helder, Chris Kiwomya and Steve Morrow starting. I rarely have read so much utter sh*t on these boards, or the internet for that matter.

I'll conced Arsenal could do with a holding midfielder and a "main" striker. But with Eduardo shortly returning amongst others Arsenal will be fine. I'd be far more worried if I was a Chelsea fan. Word is Abramovich has got bored with them as a plaything...
Spot on.

Feel sorry for Tony Adams, put in a pretty difficult position and a job nobody would have wanted. Loses his best players and stuck with a very average, over paid and ageing squad in some respects.

He is trying to do the right thing by stabilsing Pompey and a few of his signings could be good. Admire the fact he is going to give Nugent a chance too, something Redknob never did; although I am less than convinced that Nugent is good enough.

It's also pretty evident his players are letting him down - dire defending against Fulham, pitiful finishing against Villa the game before. That battering against Swansea will hang over him though I fear.

Zola started slowly and turned it around; I think Adams will do enough to keep them up, but whether thats enough to keep his job remains to be seen.

Last edited:

finetime

Not to mention being out of favour with Putey which means his days as a billionaire are pretty much numbered, will be pensioned off with a couple of hundred Bar and the procedes from selling his yachts, not enough to compete with the Abu Dhabi boys.
Unlikely, seeing as he's got nearly all his primary investments out of Russia and the only way the governemnt would be able to get them bakck would be to formally charge him and sieze the assets. I suspect he'd seek asylum in the UK if that were the case and not even the Ruskies have the balls to slip Abramovich a polonium latte this time around**

**obviously this has never happened before nor will it ever happen. Just in case any KGB are reading this...