• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Phillips....

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Knight will get you goals , but apparently has a right old ego.

tisdale 1

Resigned
Was there not a rumor going around sometime ago about us trying to sign himor showed interest? or was it just usual exweb talk?

DevonSent

Very bizarre goings on at R and D. Wasn't it Hill himself who signed LeeP and Knight? I can understand clearing out players from a previous manager but not ones you signed only months ago.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
How the hell is Leon Knight not setting the conference aflame? Or Andy Burgess for that matter... or Curtis Woodhouse. Rushden should be walking to the title with the talent they've got. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Knight is even playing at that level.

Phil Sayers

It seems that people really believe the bullsh*t about them not performing.....

....granted they haven't (Knight has looked good though) but this is nothing to do with that and everything to do with sky-high wages, falling attendances and lack of money. Sell or go bust - is there any club Hill hasn't done that to?

DevonSent

How the hell is Leon Knight not setting the conference aflame? Or Andy Burgess for that matter... or Curtis Woodhouse. Rushden should be walking to the title with the talent they've got. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that Knight is even playing at that level.
Absolutely!! Leon K, LeeP and Darryll Clare are proven goalscorers and with Woodhouse and Burgess bossing the middle, they should be storming the league.
What the hell is Garry Hill doing?

col46upwood

well i was at the torquay game at R&D and we mullard them.they were a disjointed mess,no leadership.phillips went off before half-time injured.clare was annonymous,woodhouse blasted off the park.

Gozzer

Andy Burgess is a decent player , suprised by that.
Andy Burgess is an expensive player. He was one of Oxford's top earners when we put them out of the play-offs and that's why they had to let him go. Surprising thing was that Rushden picked him up. Then they also sign the likes of Knight and Clare... It really was a case of sh*t or bust.

Scotty

I have a friend who attends the Rubbish & Dustbin games on a regular basis. The general attitude seems to be that LeeP gives 100% every week and that they want him to stay. The rest all seem to be playing out of position and or look like they don’t care.
If Lee’s attitude didn’t get the better of him I'm convinced he could be a great footballer. I always liked him anyway! Infact he was even my cousin’s favourite player and we still refer to him as he who should not be named!

Last edited:

Red Devon

I think Phillips could be Oxford bound.