• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joey Barton's Courage....!!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see it as courage in a way. He is trying to change and is trying to get the backing of the fans and he wants to repay them. Well done Joey IMO.

ECFC TOM

And a comment like that is really non thug like?

People make mistakes and we move on. I agree with what Alan Shearer said in one of the papers. Give him 1 more chance, if he doesn't take it, then ban him and do whatever. Obviously what he did was awful but people can change.
How many chances has he had already?? I can't stand the ***** (Barton that is, not you ;) )

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many chances has he had already?? I can't stand the ***** (Barton that is, not you ;) )
I am sure you would like to be forgiven if you had made a mistake or two.

ECFC TOM

Or three or four. He has done wrong too many times in my book, but I can see why some people think he deserves another chance. Barton is a good footballer and has wasted his talent.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or three or four. He has done wrong too many times in my book, but I can see why some people think he deserves another chance. Barton is a good footballer and has wasted his talent.
I agree. But let's see whether he has changed before we want him dead.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
What did he do those 3 or 4 times may I ask?

How exactly has Barton wasted his talent? He plays for a Premier league side and allegedly earns £60,000 a week, I'd suggest by most footballers (let alone people) standards for a non regular international player that is as close to the top of your profession you can get.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What did he do those 3 or 4 times may I ask?

How exactly has Barton wasted his talent? He plays for a Premier league side and allegedly earns £60,000 a week, I'd suggest by most footballers (let alone people) standards for a non regular international player that is as close to the top of your profession you can get.
Well said.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am sure you would like to be forgiven if you had made a mistake or two.
sorrry but you are so far out here it runs in the family Did you read what his Bro did!
Barton is a disgrace to football, and as for kinnear, the guardians recent expose summed and showed him for what he is.
I feel for the newcastle fans, given scum and low lifes dressed as messiahs.

Last edited:

Unleashed

How anyone can stick up for this thug is beyond me.

He was almost sacked after stubbing a lit cigar into the eye of Jamie Tandy, a youth player.

Kicking crap out of a teammate, Dabo was taken to hospital with head injuries and a suspected detached retina.

Barton assaulted a 15-year-old Everton supporter at a pre-season tournament in Thailand.

He broke a pedestrian's leg while driving his car through Liverpool in May 2005.

Joey Barton was jailed yesterday for his part in a violent street attack in Liverpool city centre.
He punched one man up to 20 times and left a a 16-year-old boy with broken teeth.

That's just the ones I can remember, may be more.

But the guy is the scum of the earth and I hope he get's what is coming to him one day.

ECFC TOM

How anyone can stick up for this thug is beyond me.

He was almost sacked after stubbing a lit cigar into the eye of Jamie Tandy, a youth player.

Kicking crap out of a teammate, Dabo was taken to hospital with head injuries and a suspected detached retina.

Barton assaulted a 15-year-old Everton supporter at a pre-season tournament in Thailand.

He broke a pedestrian's leg while driving his car through Liverpool in May 2005.

Joey Barton was jailed yesterday for his part in a violent street attack in Liverpool city centre.
He punched one man up to 20 times and left a a 16-year-old boy with broken teeth.

That's just the ones I can remember, may be more.

But the guy is the scum of the earth and I hope he get's what is coming to him one day.

Sums up my opinion, mate [y]