• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Grimsby Town Matchday Thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pity but knew this was going to be hard. Still going strong folks!

Nivek_UTD.

Still just outside the play offs. Good result Tuesday would be good now.

The mighty Grecian

Still just outside the play offs. Good result Tuesday would be good now.
We are still in the play-offs actually

since Darlo conceded 98th minute penalty

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bit of an off day result wise, Like a game against FGR a few seasons ago, We were on a good run, a big crowd turned up and we drew 0-0 in a dire game. We dont do 0-0's very often so it was bound to happen sometime. Still looking good in the table, roll on the next game

Joshyd123

Just got back from the game.

Not a bad performance really, but could have been miles better.

Jonah's kicking and decision making were poor IMO.

Matty T looked a real threat upfront and coped with the Grimsby centre forwards reasonably well.

No real creativity from the midfield, accept Gilly made a couple of decision runs forward.

Stanno a real threat again, Logan a handful and McAllister added an extra dimension after being brought on.

Anyone know who was ''man of the match'' over the tannoy?

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
JoshyD summed it up well tbh

We missed Harley too

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
apart from the referee no one was really bad today. No one was really good either.

Grimsby had a brick sh*te house size defence who we needed to get in behind but we didn't.

Logan is wasted out wide. wide players should be fast

the Grimsby number 3 should have had a red card

towards the end we stayed far too deep

It's only one game and we didn't lose like we would have done a couple years ago

i_m

loobygrecian

Missed Harley today, Grimsbys defence was as stubborn as a pair of nuns knickers and their number three should have a red - i shant repeat what i was shouting, as the infraction points i could incur would be enormous!

This game had 0-0 written all over it from the word go.

Bertie did ok when he came on and pleased to Shep getting a run out too - bless his little cottons.

Still a points a point and keeps us up there with the chasing pack - roll on tuesday and Vale Park.

PS.Thought Stewart and Matty T had excellent games today.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am I the only one that thought it was a decent game, barring the first 15 minutes? I still came away with a smile on my face anyway :)

old and grey

Today made me realise how vital Harley is to our team, and without going overboard, nearly everything creative and exciting stems from him, with a bit of help from Gill and Stewart,This is not to say the other members of our side don't do good jobs, but Harley has so much time on the ball, does the magical thing that brings a goal and today i didn't really get the feeling that our honest endevour against an organised solid Grimbsby defence was enough.It wasn't, and if we are going to be up in the play offs at the end of the season, then we must keep on to our precious possession, and not let him go as we felt we had to with Friend.The money for him was too good to miss, but now we are debt free or thereabouts, let us keep it that way by 5000 gates which we will get if we are up there challenging for promotion which is £10000 or so more than budgeted forat each home game.