• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chatabix is great morning listen, just enough intrigue but nothing too taxing just a good ramble 😅

As for MNF, I like the new direction and always prefer the interview eps - the Ellis Platten one was a fun listen
Agree, whilst I enjoy the City chat I understand you can't put 1/2 eps out every week just talking about City's draw against Leyton Orient.

The Ellis Platten ep was a good one, I watch his videos on YouTube. I always like when Andy Goldstein comes on as well.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree, whilst I enjoy the City chat I understand you can't put 1/2 eps out every week just talking about City's draw against Leyton Orient.

The Ellis Platten ep was a good one, I watch his videos on YouTube. I always like when Andy Goldstein comes on as well.
Feel like the City stuff could work more as a month in review, check in on progress/thoughts/hospitality stories maybe tie that in with some player interviews as I've missed those, always fun asking footballers about what they get up to away from the pitch

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feel like the City stuff could work more as a month in review, check in on progress/thoughts/hospitality stories maybe tie that in with some player interviews as I've missed those, always fun asking footballers about what they get up to away from the pitch
I suppose it depends on how City are doing at the time. As it sits there isn't really much to discuss but I'm sure if we were pushing for promotion it would understandably get more of a focus.

The player/staff episodes were great - I remember the Matt Taylor one well as it actually showed us a side that wasn't his fairly robotic side in his pressers.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose it depends on how City are doing at the time. As it sits there isn't really much to discuss but I'm sure if we were pushing for promotion it would understandably get more of a focus.

The player/staff episodes were great - I remember the Matt Taylor one well as it actually showed us a side that wasn't his fairly robotic side in his pressers.
Exactly this. There was a point when the whole fanbase was having an emotional breakdown. I'm delighted with how the seasons turned out, but much less to mine to entertain the dipper inners, I'd imagine.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly this. There was a point when the whole fanbase was having an emotional breakdown. I'm delighted with how the seasons turned out, but much less to mine to entertain the dipper inners, I'd imagine.
Didn't you call in calling for Caldwell's head? 😉

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah @DavidEarl's ability to say something that takes them off guard and down a non-football interview track was pretty refreshing and unusual for football in general rather than "the lads are working hard, putting a shift in and we move on to the next game"

More of that please!

DavidEarl

About to record an episode this morning. Mid table, although very satisfying for the fan - is terrible pod fodder - a promotion push? Jeepers. Now that would be heaven. I think we might keep an eye on how Ipswich are doing cos missing out on the prem looks like it'd be SUPER FUN. Also, gotta have a nose at Plymouth.

Defo enjoy getting the players on the pod too.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
About to record an episode this morning. Mid table, although very satisfying for the fan - is terrible pod fodder - a promotion push? Jeepers. Now that would be heaven. I think we might keep an eye on how Ipswich are doing cos missing out on the prem looks like it'd be SUPER FUN. Also, gotta have a nose at Plymouth.

Defo enjoy getting the players on the pod too.
How about getting footballers to go metal detecting?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't you call in calling for Caldwell's head? 😉
Not sure if I specifically demanded his head on the pod, but that was definitely the gist of my view at the time.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't mind hearing Demi Mitchell on... Might be a race against time, if he doesn't stay. Guy seems to have a lot of irreverent opinions.