• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Credys little boy was bored with our game, one of the mainstays of the Caldwell Out movement as I recall.
Oh and Perkins sitting on the bench.😄

Antony Moxey

Let it go Ant, you went ‘all in’ and you were wrong. The club board admirably held its nerve and have been proven right.
There's nothing to let go, it's a discussion forum, no? As I said, we had arguably the worst run in the club's history - would anyone on Planet Football have been shocked had he been dismissed? Plus my reply was to a poster who was intimating that anyone who would have dismissed him knows nothing about football, which is clearly absurd.

Antony Moxey

Credys little boy was bored with our game, one of the mainstays of the Caldwell Out movement as I recall.
Oh and Perkins sitting on the bench.😄
Grow up Sturtz, no need for that.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopeful that once we’re properly safe, the team will cut loose and go all out to entertain. Season ticket sales could depend on it.
I think the last two home games have already been pretty entertaining, at least in the second halves.

Grecian Max

I think the last two home games have already been pretty entertaining, at least in the second halves.
Agreed, and the Shrewsbury away game (10 men or not)

More of that please

Mid Devon Grecian

This is a league we perennially struggle to compete in, any season where we don’t go down is a satisfactory one. It’s a bleedingly obvious thing to say, but the trick now is for us to start looking at regular top half finishes for multiple seasons instead of our usual effort of getting relegated in fairly short order. A very big ask with our financial constraints IMO.
There’s a lot riding on Jeremy Tipper & Joe Gorman to find new revenue streams for the club.

I genuinely believe we can harness our fan owned/community club ethos to attract ‘sponsorship’ from large corporates. Still surprises me we’ve got a deal with Footasylum. A few more like that and we would be adding to and diversifying our income streams.

Grecian Max

There’s a lot riding on Jeremy Tipper & Joe Gorman to find new revenue streams for the club.

I genuinely believe we can harness our fan owned/community club ethos to attract ‘sponsorship’ from large corporates. Still surprises me we’ve got a deal with Footasylum. A few more like that and we would be adding to and diversifying our income streams.
Stevenage, Fleetwood, Rochdale have all had deals with Footasylum

Mid Devon Grecian

Stevenage, Fleetwood, Rochdale have all had deals with Footasylum
Ahh, bit of a scattergun approach then

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Statistically this isn’t the case. We have an average xg of 1.25 which places us at 16th in the league. Not amazing but not far from where we would expect to be.
Interesting. I find it hard to reconcile that we've what I've seen this season. Doesn't feel to me like our strikers have wasted a load of golden opportunities.

Average Joe

Who was the last manager who was sacked at Exeter? Didn't Paul Tisdale quit before his notice period was up?