• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wigan v Exeter City Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW57++

What great support from the City fans - fully behind the team from the first minute. This was very much a team effort - in my opinion, every player should be happy with their performance. A bit of luck with the goals, but even when Wigan scored we looked comfortable.
My train to Euston was cancelled and so I was expecting to get back about midnight. When I got to the station the train before mine was running late and so I have actually got a much earlier train. This day keeps getting better.
Loved the American ref. He really had attitude and gave players stick for complaining or time wasting. Perhaps the league should be scouting the USA for more refs.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we’ve won a game by more than a goal all season?

#smallmargins

Hopefully Mo will change that, looks promising
Wycombe away

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've got to get past this postman thing Egg.........😝
Tongue firmly in cheek Pep.

Bridgy 81

What a brilliant day I’ve had.
Nice start that Wigan Council car parks are free at weekends.
I had a shock though when I was asked for 8 quid for a coffee at the stadium.
Turned out she thought I’d said I wanted a hot dog as well.
Not sure why, probably my West Country accent!
Anyway, I saw and spoke with plenty of fellow Senior Reds and Exewebbers today.
And I had the pleasure of sitting next to SaintJames during the match.
We formed our own little support group as it turns out we’re equally nervous spectators when it comes to watching City.
We agreed on most things which happened on the pitch so either we’re both very knowledgeable about the game or more likely we were both talking a load of old rubbish.
Either way we saw each other through to what in reality was a relatively comfortable victory, I thought.
That’s not to denigrate the obvious effort that went into the win from the team and the staff but speaks more to how far we’ve come on recently and how well we’re currently playing.
Well done to all concerned for that.
I’m off in a minute to get us a celebratory fish and chip takeaway for our tea.
I already have the cider and whisky handy to soothe my recently acquired slightly croaky voice.
Safe travels to everyone else there today - the support was magnificent.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Post match interview with Gary

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jack Aitchison

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a brilliant day I’ve had.
Nice start that Wigan Council car parks are free at weekends.
I had a shock though when I was asked for 8 quid for a coffee at the stadium.
Turned out she thought I’d said I wanted a hot dog as well.
Not sure why, probably my West Country accent!
Anyway, I saw and spoke with plenty of fellow Senior Reds and Exewebbers today.
And I had the pleasure of sitting next to SaintJames during the match.
We formed our own little support group as it turns out we’re equally nervous spectators when it comes to watching City.
We agreed on most things which happened on the pitch so either we’re both very knowledgeable about the game or more likely we were both talking a load of old rubbish.
Either way we saw each other through to what in reality was a relatively comfortable victory, I thought.
That’s not to denigrate the obvious effort that went into the win from the team and the staff but speaks more to how far we’ve come on recently and how well we’re currently playing.
Well done to all concerned for that.
I’m off in a minute to get us a celebratory fish and chip takeaway for our tea.
I already have the cider and whisky handy to soothe my recently acquired slightly croaky voice.
Safe travels to everyone else there today - the support was magnificent.
I know SaintJames reasonably well and can confirm he regularly talks a load of old rubbish. Sorry Bridgy…

😂😂😂

Bridgy 81

I know SaintJames reasonably well and can confirm he regularly talks a load of old rubbish. Sorry Bridgy…

😂😂😂
Ah, I did think it was a bit odd that I’d eventually discovered someone who seemed to both understand and agree with what I said.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
On a jubilant coach on the way back to Devon. Whilst not quite at the levels I saw at Barnsley there were many similarities. Lovely to watch the game with Bridgy my only criticism is he didnt provide me with one of his legendary sarnies to enjoy on this long journey home. The game was built on the solid foundation we are not getting used to and Jules is so assured and such a man mountain. Whatever the fee we paid MK looks like an absolute steal. Niskanen contributed so much both offensively with getting us up the pitch but equally defensively excellent. Eisa was of course a massive bonus not just his goal but his all round play was so much more than we have seen up top since last season. The left side with Harper and Harris did their job but was being overworked throughout the second half. To me, as has been the case for the whole of this winning run the game was won in the engine room. Cole and Carroll controlled and dictated our game. Every time Cole has the ball he is looking to create something positive and next season I'm convinced, will be seen as one of the best midfielders in L1. So pleased for Gary winning that game in particular and getting the monkey off his back

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster

😂😂😂
I used to like you haha

Status
Not open for further replies.