• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yanic Wildschut

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you actually believe this "buying into the project" stuff?
I think that if a player believes there's an opportunity for a positive few years at a particular club under its current management, they will factor that into their negotiations/decision to stay or leave.

Reactions: Ash

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you actually believe this "buying into the project" stuff?
Think younger players who are planning to stay somewhere long term, it can make sense. Even then, at our level, most young players career plan is to look really good and get a move up the leagues. If you're 32 and signed short term as a free agent... It's about getting the most out of the last few months/years of your career while planning for what you'll do when the contract offers stop.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was a bit taken aback by GC saying about the Board's financial backing re Yanic signing on again. Although not entirely clear, it sounded a bit like 'we've had to pay him more to keep him'

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was a bit taken aback by GC saying about the Board's financial backing re Yanic signing on again. Although not entirely clear, it sounded a bit like 'we've had to pay him more to keep him'
I don't think that's in doubt. Our starting position would, you'd assume, have been the same salary. To which he must have said no, which protracted negotiations.

The dangers of all this short-termism are there for all to see.

Grecianman135

For sure.

And whilst I agree that Caldwell probably hasn't lost the dressing room, Yanic's hesitance may well indicated that they're not feeling massively inspired either.
Perhaps but I think the biggest issue is our budget,and we are most likely getting out bid on signings and wages and it's always been the case,if a team like Pompy who came out today to state how hard it's been (even for them right now with there obvious draw,league position and history)

Then it really puts into perspective the January struggle and how we can get players in the door.

I do think we'll get at least one striker in the door,I will probably pessimistically wrongly assume that they will be pretty sub standard but that's just my pessimistic Exeter head on.

I'm holding out for a Jamie Cureton re-gen to pop up for us and be a hero to save the season but I shall hold my breath. 🥴😂

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps but I think the biggest issue is our budget,and we are most likely getting out bid on signings and wages and it's always been the case,if a team like Pompy who came out today to state how hard it's been (even for them right now with there obvious draw,league position and history)

Then it really puts into perspective the January struggle and how we can get players in the door.

I do think we'll get at least one striker in the door,I will probably pessimistically wrongly assume that they will be pretty sub standard but that's just my pessimistic Exeter head on.

I'm holding out for a Jamie Cureton re-gen to pop up for us and be a hero to save the season but I shall hold my breath. 🥴😂
It's hard for everyone though... More money and pulling power doesn't make it any easier to get who you want, it just shifts your expectations upwards.

Grecianman135

It's hard for everyone though... More money and pulling power doesn't make it any easier to get who you want, it just shifts your expectations upwards.
True and I guess to an extent as an Exeter fan you want to be as positive as possible but pessimism sneaks in,also thought you batted John off very well on the most recent pod by the way both had compelling arguments,I'd love to go on myself but I can't stand Jon's blind optimism...

And his comment about Gary being the best manager in league two when the likes of Nigel Atkins,Dan Crowley and co are in that league makes me upset.. 😂

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Why do we need to know if he’s popular or liked
Sounds like he’s popular in the changing rooms though so makes sense

Alistair20000

What we don’t know is how much is in the kitty for the January spend.

Will the Trust lend the Club some of its cash pile ?

Grecianman135

What we don’t know is how much is in the kitty for the January spend.

Will the Trust lend the Club some of its cash pile ?
Well we've been told it's "unprecedented" is this just a stick thrown by the club to keep the wolves from the door?

Or Is is it genuine by our standards? 🥴