• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Message to Both Boards.......

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Julian Tagg, he in a non-voting director and has no power in the club boardroom. This was removed by the Trustees and fellow directors sometime ago. this is not widely known in the public arena. People are correct the Directors with voting rights on the club board now have the power.
However, he has of course got lots of lobbying power. Perhaps not power on paper, but certainly in influence.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Julian Tagg, he in a non-voting director and has no power in the club boardroom. This was removed by the Trustees and fellow directors sometime ago. this is not widely known in the public arena. People are correct the Directors with voting rights on the club board now have the power.
Actually, Julian Tagg is still legally a Director of the Club

EXETER CITY A.F.C. LIMITED people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

I assume in law he has equal responsibility, and an equal vote, as the other 8 Directors if it ever came to a difficult decision. BTW, Jeremy Tipper is no longer in law a Director since his appointment as CEO he was removed on 1st September. And Sue Mc Queenie is listed as an Associate Director on the Club website but as a Director at Companies House.

If some Directors are regarded as non-voting this should be made clear and the information added to their profiles. The Club Trust Agreement (CTA) is now part of the Articles of Association and has confusing wording about how the Club Board operates (including that the Chair is non-voting, which if so means Nick Hawker has no legal say over the status of the manager).

application-pdf

I would like to know who has a vote and who doesn't at ECFC.

Newtown Grecian

Apropos post#11 by crocks " Any Hollywood A Listers want to buy a club?

The following article makes interesting reading:

If the link doesn't work head over to goal.com and select Arsenal from the competitions menu.

Not a Hollywood A lister but Dennis Bergkamp is open to investing in a league 1 club, with an Academy.

Anyone know his email address!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Julian Tagg, he in a non-voting director and has no power in the club boardroom. This was removed by the Trustees and fellow directors sometime ago. this is not widely known in the public arena. People are correct the Directors with voting rights on the club board now have the power. Go the next Trust meeting and also lobby they for change and transparency. Not sure why he was removed of voting powers, or why he continues to be the voice of the fans owned club. For those that talk about 'i' not 'we' at QOTPOD, count them number of people that have been presenters and hosted the show. Also we have a number of researchers supporting the show. (Not all UK based). We have a show tonight being recorded at 19:30hrs feel free to message us to come on the show. It is family friendly by design, so please no industrial language. UTC
Taggy is listed as a director on the Companies House website so one assumes he would have a vote. Perhaps you could get one of your ‘researchers’ [UK-based or otherwise] to investigate further! 😉

Pete Martin (CTID)

Actually, Julian Tagg is still legally a Director of the Club

EXETER CITY A.F.C. LIMITED people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

I assume in law he has equal responsibility, and an equal vote, as the other 8 Directors if it ever came to a difficult decision. BTW, Jeremy Tipper is no longer in law a Director since his appointment as CEO he was removed on 1st September. And Sue Mc Queenie is listed as an Associate Director on the Club website but as a Director at Companies House.

If some Directors are regarded as non-voting this should be made clear and the information added to their profiles. The Club Trust Agreement (CTA) is now part of the Articles of Association and has confusing wording about how the Club Board operates (including that the Chair is non-voting, which if so means Nick Hawker has no legal say over the status of the manager).

application-pdf

I would like to know who has a vote and who doesn't at ECFC.
"Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).

DB9

If the link doesn't work head over to goal.com and select Arsenal from the competitions menu.

Not a Hollywood A lister but Dennis Bergkamp is open to investing in a league 1 club, with an Academy.

I did read another article about Dennis Bergkamp looking for a L1 club but thought it was just all talk, Be interesting if this was more that chatter and he approached a L1 club. Could never see it being a runner at City though simply because how things are done at a boardroom level.

Grecian Max

"Together with Phillip Cocu, Ronald Koeman, Dirk Kuyt, Henrik Larsson and (agent) Rob Jansen we were going to buy the shares. It is still a dream of mine to develop players, run an academy, and use all our knowledge and experience to get promoted. Not with a foreign billionaire who puts in a lot of money just to go up quickly. If you have a group of former top footballers together then you just start lower. I am convinced that with a club in League One, with real football knowledge, you can get promoted to the Championship within five years, 10 years at most. We are not talking about the Premier League. That is a very difficult league to enter.”

ImPOssIbLE No ONe Is INteRestED

I believe those in and around the club would rather keep their hobby and free drinks/entry whatever else they get than ever be open to something like that. In my view they enjoy the power and control and sitting in a boardroom, it's the same in any situation where there is a power structure. Even something founded with the best intentions can become something it's not meant to be.

These people do not speak for the fans any more, we're just a number on the gate. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
This belief that nobody would be interested in purchasing the club is for me outdated as is the trust model IMO

The above doesn’t mean the trust doesn’t serve a purpose or not been a good thing as without it we wouldn’t still be here discussing ECFC now a lot of people have done a great job a lot of people deserve a lot of credit that goes without saying and for that we should all be grateful.

BUT…..

If you stand still people move past you and in football it happens fast , when things get comfy people get complacent, when complacency slips in results suffer and league positions drop.

A Sheikh isn’t coming in as much as we can all dream, but financial investment is out there….

For me being in league 1 when you consider we was in the conference and nearly out of business at one point shows that the trust has done a good job , but that seemingly is going to be the peak of its powers….

Everything is now in place to kick on , the training ground is impressive (i was out there watching my son the other weekend and things seemingly looked well organised) , SJP looks as good as it ever has , the experience of going to the game has never been better in terms of the fan zone , the centre spot , the information point , the club shop & the heritage lounge etc but all that corporate stuff doesn’t hide the cracks on the field when things are not going well.

League 1 IMO is good but why be good when you can be great? it’s a mindset and for me the mindset of the trust & those in charge is that this is as good as it’s ever going to get and we should all be forever grateful and accept that regardless of form or results - that for me annoys the hell out of me.

If Luton and Bournemouth are in the premier on average crowds of just over 10,000 it just shows it’s not impossible.

DB9

"Together with Phillip Cocu, Ronald Koeman, Dirk Kuyt, Henrik Larsson and (agent) Rob Jansen we were going to buy the shares. It is still a dream of mine to develop players, run an academy, and use all our knowledge and experience to get promoted. Not with a foreign billionaire who puts in a lot of money just to go up quickly. If you have a group of former top footballers together then you just start lower. I am convinced that with a club in League One, with real football knowledge, you can get promoted to the Championship within five years, 10 years at most. We are not talking about the Premier League. That is a very difficult league to enter.”

I believe those in and around the club would rather keep their hobby and free drinks/entry whatever else they get than ever be open to something like that. In my view they enjoy the power and control and sitting in a boardroom, it's the same in any situation where there is a power structure. Even something founded with the best intentions can become something it's not meant to be.

These people do not speak for the fans any more, we're just a number on the gate. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors.
The first paragraph is imo a feasible and prudent way of thinking and doing things which to me would interest any right minded fan or owner of a moderate sized L1 club. As for what I've highlighted in bold, My view is if something happened and we found ourselves in dire financial straits, We (The Fans) would suddenly become important to those that run the club, The fans are only useful when the club needs something.

Antony Moxey

I’d have those five invest purely for the fact they’d walk straight into our first team and would probably still give the rest of L1 a run for their money.