• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Progress of sorts given recent inept displays.

Had any one mentioned the need for someone to put the ball in the back of the net? :)

TotnesGrecian

No, everyone clapped sinisalo at the end, was only when GC ventured from his dugout the boos came about

Ex-ciderrr

It didn’t feel like a 5k crowd….i assume the season ticket numbers was included
Yeah I thought exactly the same, Fiddled.

DB9

As I've said imo last nights result wasn't a "Positive", 0-0 against a team with a poor away and goal scoring record we should of won it but we didn't and for me it goes back to us not being able to get a forward or two in back in August. Nombe's gone and the club knew he was either going or expecting a bid for him at the very least and to me were very unprepared. By the time we play again it will be the 9th December, That will be nearly 3 MONTHS since our last win in the league, Virtually a quarter of a season, To me that is dreadful and needs to change ASAP. Atm we couldn't even have a real competition for goal of the month, They are that rare. While we congratulated ourselves on 20 yrs of the Trust with articles, videos, interviews, I just think the footy took second place for a bit and again imo while the 20 Yr thing is a milestone, What happens on the pitch is the most important thing, At the end of the season will people be talking about the 20 Yr anniversary of the Trust or will it be how awful our season was if this continues? I'd say the latter.

I just hope that we either win well and, from that can go on from there or lose badly which puts an end to this saga. As absurd as it sounds, I believe that the worse thing that could happen is to limp to an unconvincing draw, leaving a further period of limbo.
Well exactly what I did not want to happen just did, a period forthcoming stuck in purgatory.

It was a better performance than previously, we played the ball around nicely but were never going to score a goal and lacked any kind of teeth in the final third. This 'improvement' has to be tempered by the fact that Shrewsbury were one of the worst teams to visit the park this season. The 'GC out' chants, though vocal were also, at this stage half-hearted, most fans seemed to just trudge away at the final whistle, perhaps (like me) simply brow beaten by now.

This result has bought him enough time to see him through to the January transfer window (arguably this would have happened regardless), barring an absolute capitulation against Port Vale.

Banksy

Hmm , quite right DB , we’re all singing from the same song sheet on that one.Gross negligence neglecting the striking department of our team.Most knew it , seemingly apart from the manager and Board.Now we stand or fall on that poor decision , if we go down it will probably take years again to get up, just have to make sure now that the drop is restricted to League Two , we’d never get out of non league. If it was all about money it was obviously false economy , we’ll lose more overall if we drop.Look at Yeovil for example and the way FGR are now falling from grace.
A lot of us have been keyboard warriors on this one , now it’s up to the board to be positive and save the club before it’s too late , we can support the club , they have to make the big decisions.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well exactly what I did not want to happen just did, a period forthcoming stuck in purgatory.

It was a better performance than previously, we played the ball around nicely but were never going to score a goal and lacked any kind of teeth in the final third. This 'improvement' has to be tempered by the fact that Shrewsbury were one of the worst teams to visit the park this season. The 'GC out' chants, though vocal were also, at this stage half-hearted, most fans seemed to just trudge away at the final whistle, perhaps (like me) simply brow beaten by now.

This result has bought him enough time to see him through to the January transfer window (arguably this would have happened regardless), barring an absolute capitulation against Port Vale.
We have five games until January. If we lose five games, he's not getting our money to throw around, surely.

Grecian Max

The club have dragged this out for so long, that eventually at some point we were going to face a really poor team - who'd travelled down on a cold Tuesday night - and come away with a point even though we once again did not score.

In isolation not a "bad" result but actually, it's yet another game without scoring and another game that isn't a win having lost by the worst margin since the 60s on Saturday.

Zero confidence in those running the show, put us in a terrible position.

We have five games until January. If we lose five games, he's not getting our money to throw around, surely.
At any other club no but the closer we get to January then the more likely he is to survive simply because, IMO the board will make the calculation that by the time he is sacked and a replacement found the January window will be lost so, the man may as well be backed. Not an assessment I would personally be behind, he should have been told to go weeks ago but one I can see playing out.