• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Bristol Rovers Match Day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Purely as a point of discussion, I think Dawson might have got to their goal bound shot had he gone up after it with one hand instead of stretching up with both and just coming up short. Either way, it was a brilliantly placed shot and Dawson had an otherwise great game. Some of his saves were crucial and prevented Rovers from clawing their way back.
Pete, turn off your nonsense mode. It dipped over Dawson and clipped the underside of the bar as it went in. You could have had NBA basketball player going for it the same manner and he wouldn't have got there either.

Trapdoor

@RogHK what odds did you get? :)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you going to leave Key out to accommodate that or play him at right back?
I thought Key was one of our best players yesterday and keeps playing like that and doesn't disappear off to Sunderland then he has to be in the team. So if we do play 4 at the back he can slot in at right back as he did for most of the season.

Albumen

I thought Key was one of our best players yesterday and keeps playing like that and doesn't disappear off to Sunderland then he has to be in the team. So if we do play 4 at the back he can slot in at right back as he did for most of the season.
I agree. So Many good performances. But our full backs pushing up made us so much more productive going forward.

I thought Amond made a massive difference - His movement was so impressive. and made Jays (super captain) and Browns (marquee signing 😜) job much easier. But it’s a team thing. And I couldn’t fault any of those boys.

If Jay can maintain that form and we can get in a left back things are starting to feel really exciting. We appear to have options all of a sudden and our signings, given more than half a preseason, look like they have improved the team. Let’s hope this continues.

To confirm what a few have already have said… Hartridge is going places. Looked like he wouldn’t lose a battle yesterday. Kite looks like he could be a superb holding midfielder, and Dieng will be massive for us.

I’m excited. Doesn’t look like we will be relegated after all.

Ps- keys not leaving. Fact.

I doubted the signing of Cameron Dawson at the start of the season, but today he made some top quality saves and looks to be an incredibly good signing.
As a Wednesday fan can I ask why you doubted the signing and on what basis?

Red Devon

Had been very good so far….confident with a good voice on the pitch he has already made several top saves including quite few with his legs 👍🏻

Reactions: WXF

robchave

It's just a tradition. If someone signs for ECFC then half of exeweb have to announce that there must be something seriously wrong with them.

wiveygrecian

I never doubted the signing myself. If your good enough to make 60 appearances in the Championship and make a few mistakes you are certainly good enough for league 2 . He has been abit flappy with the odd cross but he had made some great saves in all of the matches so far . Keep it going Cam!

geoffwp

@RogHK what odds did you get? :)
Seems that it has been over a year since Rog was last seen. Hope he is ok

Squeezebox

Seems that it has been over a year since Rog was last seen. Hope he is ok
Saw him at Barrow!