• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We don't have the police numbers to enforce it, just like the NHS doesn't have the right equipment or the means to test people on a grand scale. We probably don't have enough soldiers to enforce it either.

Legohead

Banned
We don't have the police numbers to enforce it, just like the NHS doesn't have the right equipment or the means to test people on a grand scale. We probably don't have enough soldiers to enforce it either.
and we all know why

Alistair20000

Probably right

IndoMike

On the other hand, Manc, if you make an example of a couple of people in every county (arrest, jail minimum 6 months, fine 2000 quid ) people will quickly get the message. If they can't pay the 2000 quid they do an extra 6 months time.
No bail. Sentencing must be done within 7 days.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Easy way anyone caught at parties etc and ignoring any conditions set down has their name and address taken , Then should they then contract Covid 19 medical services be denied for 2 weeks to see how they get along with it.
If they get over it all well and good if they die because of it then they wont be missed from the gene pool.

Spoonz Red E

As in Spain, France and Italy; apply for a permit to travel, one person per vehicle, no outdoor exercising, key industry workers only, social distancing etc. Police/Military enforcement, heavy fines. Draconian temporary measures I know, but necessary IMHO to avoid this dragging on for months and months, and excessive deaths, which is what I fear will happen with this partial lockdown strategy.
This is the tricky part for me as fitness is a good way of combating the disease.
France haven't banned it - they have a curfew - you can exercise outside before 10.00am and after 7pm. I would think this is to dissuade people from going out en masse in the sunny hours.

manc grecian

On the other hand, Manc, if you make an example of a couple of people in every county (arrest, jail minimum 6 months, fine 2000 quid ) people will quickly get the message. If they can't pay the 2000 quid they do an extra 6 months time.
No bail. Sentencing must be done within 7 days.
The hole in your plan is that before this there weren't enough prison spaces (noticing a theme here) and now they are trying to empty them because prisoners have got it.

I'm all for a big fine and instant tasering or cs gas spray.

DB9

The hole in your plan is that before this there weren't enough prison spaces (noticing a theme here) and now they are trying to empty them because prisoners have got it.

Think we need a Judge Dredd type of law enforcement, Judge, Jury and Executioner :D

IndoMike

Just a couple from each county. Stick 'em in jail. Fark 'em

Rosencrantz

Stop and search shopping bags coming in Northants if people don't start behaving themselves...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/police-days-away-from-checking-shopping-trolleys-as-lockdown-rules-flouted/ar-BB12ntvH?ocid=spartanntp

...although the Chief Constable admits “If we’re stopping somebody because they’ve bought a barbecue set or they’ve bought a child’s toy, you could argue that’s not necessary.

“On the other hand, you could argue it absolutely is necessary – because in terms of the mental health and trying to keep people entertained over this period of lockdown, that is very necessary.

“So the nuances and the interpretation is really ambiguous – that’s why I’m saying to officers, use your common sense, use your discretion.

“I think the guidance could be even clearer, but it’s where do you draw the line?”