• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't see any of the police abusing their power. All I saw was a tool looking for a reaction. The irony when he called one "a idiot", rather than "an idiot".
Agreed. The guy is a complete person.

I see that the video was taken in Bristol and at the time the Police were chasing a crackhead who they finally caught and arrested.

elginCity

660 parties shut down in Manchester alone. This continuing partial lockdown strategy is unfathomable madness.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
660 parties shut down in Manchester alone. This continuing partial lockdown strategy is unfathomable madness.

Are you saying the lockdown should be stricter?
IMHO the people having parties will still sneak out and have parties.
The overwhelming 'follow-the-advice' majority would then be further penalised, not even able to walk round the block (with kids/dog/both)

The fwits blatantly not observing the rules should have the book thrown at them. Stick them in the prisons for 3 weeks, that'll learn them.
Same goes for the tw*ts zooming around in groups on motorbikes too, 'just because the weather is nice'

IndoMike

The cops are toothless. The laws and Govt hasn't supported them.

Alistair20000

IMHO the people having parties will still sneak out and have parties.
The overwhelming 'follow-the-advice' majority would then be further penalised, not even able to walk round the block (with kids/dog/both)

The fwits blatantly not observing the rules should have the book thrown at them. Stick them in the prisons for 3 weeks, that'll learn them.
Same goes for the tw*ts zooming around in groups on motorbikes too, 'just because the weather is nice'
The idea of punishing the whole class for the sins of a few is just totally unacceptable as far as I am concerned. Punish the offenders. Public consent for this lockdown could rapidly unravel if it is tightened too far and once the consent of the vast majority is lost the the government may as well give up with it. Matt Hancock to note please and to stop lecturing us as if we have all been naughty.

Not sure that the idea of 3 weeks in prison is going to work though. Lock the people up in their own houses. I thought there was pressure to let prisoners out due to the Covid-19 risks of incarceration.

elginCity

Absolutely, yes. Not as a punishment, but in the national interest. It would mean fewer deaths, all while buying time for the anti-virals and vaccine, and a quicker phased lifting of restrictions later on.

Alistair20000

Absolutely, yes. Not as a punishment, but in the national interest. It would mean fewer deaths, all while buying time for the anti-virals and vaccine, and a quicker phased lifting of restrictions later on.
How would you make it stricter ?

What if there is no effective vaccine for 18 months ?

elginCity

How would you make it stricter ?

What if there is no effective vaccine for 18 months ?
As in Spain, France and Italy; apply for a permit to travel, one person per vehicle, no outdoor exercising, key industry workers only, social distancing etc. Police/Military enforcement, heavy fines. Draconian temporary measures I know, but necessary IMHO to avoid this dragging on for months and months, and excessive deaths, which is what I fear will happen with this partial lockdown strategy.

Legohead

Banned
As in Spain, France and Italy; apply for a permit to travel, one person per vehicle, no outdoor exercising, key industry workers only, social distancing etc. Police/Military enforcement, heavy fines. Draconian temporary measures I know, but necessary IMHO to avoid this dragging on for months and months, and excessive deaths, which is what I fear will happen with this partial lockdown strategy.
Our family are doing this anyway. As should everyone have been doing weeks ago. My partner shops on a monday and that's the only time any of us leaves our property. We live next to a dual carriageway and the number of moronic motorcyclists who must be bombing 100mph plus down past our house is ridiculous. What if they have an accident?

Get people permits as Elgin says. One person in a car unless for exceptional reasons. If there is no exceptional reason then use draconian punishment. Just stop these thick anuses from putting people at risk. Couldn't care less if they died through their own irresponsibility but this is a together effort and anyone who doesn't buy into it and puts others at risk or at a disadvantage can f**k off!

Legohead

Banned
Just had the fire engine down to our nearest neighbours. Something caught alight in his shed but they don't know how. Loads of people nearby having fires in their gardens this past 2 weeks too so I think the fire service have got their work cut out whilst the good weather is continuing.