• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
He must have been knocking on a bit.

Oldsmobile-88

Dan McAuley RIP
I can’t remember all of the shenanigans around Dan McAuley & Exeter City but do remember he wanted to be involved with the club at one point & hired a plane to fly over SJP with a banner..

Perhaps someone could fill in the details ?

Joe Diffie aged 61 from coronavirus. Joe was a Grammy winning American country music star with many top ten singles and albums .

Grecian2K

Another American musician, Alan Merrill - co-writer of I Love Rock & Roll (later covered by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts) - falls victim to Covid.

Oldsmobile-88

Roy Hudd, aged 83. A good innings
Due to current isolation restrictions,the late great comedy king Roy Hudd’s funeral will only be attended by three people this week.How sad,and that will be replicated at many other funerals.☹☹

Oldsmobile-88

Comedian Eddie Large(78)

Tim Long

Alan Merrill
Were his middle names the rest of The Osmonds ?

Oldsmobile-88

Were his middle names the rest of The Osmonds ?
I would want you in my music quiz team,Tim 😁

LOG

Dan McAuley RIP
I grew up living down the road from him on <address withheld> and his step daughter was in my year at school. With his money, i'm not sure why she went to the same school as me, mind.

PeteUSA

I can’t remember all of the shenanigans around Dan McAuley & Exeter City but do remember he wanted to be involved with the club at one point & hired a plane to fly over SJP with a banner..

Perhaps someone could fill in the details ?

McAuley desperately wanted to take over Exeter City and would have used his Bampton company Rotoloc as calateral. He did go to the extreme of standing on the Big Bank during a match, as a plane flew up and down trailing the banner:: 'Its Down Hill without Dan' the 'Hill' being a reference to the late Clifford. Thats all I know, I dont know what the stumbling block was.