• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Who's going to pick the fruit and veg?

Another bright spark idea ! The UK is on lockdown and some twonks want to bring in 90,000 extra people who of course will all be needing to be health cleared and sign their name on a scrap of paper to all go home again once the work is done

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Another bright spark idea ! The UK is on lockdown and some twonks want to bring in 90,000 extra people who of course will all be needing to be health cleared and sign their name on a scrap of paper to all go home again once the work is done
Exactly! Who the hell would want to come and do that!

It'll rot. Al will be fuming. :ROFLMAO:

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
What lockdown? Far too many people are out walking and cycling. Time to kill the need to exercise exemption.
That wouldn't be because you are a natural couch potato Hants, would it?
On the other hand medics are saying STAY FIT AND HEALTHY to help your immune system fight infections. I run every day, around 4 or 5 miles across fields and along deserted lanes. Exercise is absolutely vital.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On the other hand medics are saying STAY FIT AND HEALTHY to help your immune system fight infections. I run every day, around 4 or 5 miles across fields and along deserted lanes. Exercise is absolutely vital.
I'm getting my 10,000 steps in each day, and I'm not doing any exercise. Just working. Apparently I'm a key worker.

Oldsmobile-88

A paradox geoff,compared to the advice to people living in citys

I went out for my walk/exercise at 2200 last night.Hardly a soul about.Lovely,if I saw someone they or I would cross the road..Strange times.

Alistair20000

Exactly! Who the hell would want to come and do that!

It'll rot. Al will be fuming. :ROFLMAO:
:mad:

My gardening gloves and wellies are on standby when the call comes :)

Alistair20000

Chasing Teaser May through the fields of wheat then is it Geoff ? ;)

Swanaldo

Is that because of sell by dating ?
I'm reminded of the time The Upstart visited an all-night garage and was refused a sandwich as it "had gone out of date". It was a couple of minutes after midnight.

Alistair20000

I'm reminded of the time The Upstart visited an all-night garage and was refused a sandwich as it "had gone out of date". It was a couple of minutes after midnight.
Says it all. Regulation gone mad.

Legohead

Banned
It's difficult to stay fit and healthy when you can't really do a 'proper' shop and get all you need. Plus the temptation to just get smashed of an evening is always there given there's sod all to look forward to during the day. It's a state of mind I guess and I tell myself that there are key workers out there at the moment who would love to be able to do nothing and get drunk and this makes me feel guilty enough to try .