• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
That's after the proposed restart date though, isn't it?
IMO, they won't restart on 4th April.

It will be extended until beyond the end of April.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The National League now having a meeting.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Postponing a wedding is hardly the end of the world.
Easy for you to say if you're not the one getting married.

I agree the contracts would be an issue for some players : up to the EFL to sort that out.
Would think the issue is between players and their clubs.

This is survival mode : things that we thought were important must take a back seat
Quite. I hope it doesn't come to it but think it's now entirely conceivable, if not probable, this season will not be concluded.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
Most of those who've responded on Twitter to the chairman's offer have said they won't be taking it up. I'd imagine it would be a not-dissimilar situation at other clubs.
Well people with season tickets etc. have the club at heart don't they! but a factor is people might not be earning money due to this situation.

Dannyred

Vj
The National League now having a meeting.

England friendlies cancelled now.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Such a terrible situation. From a business perspective for all small clubs and non league clubs.... how on Earth do we survive with no income for you’d presume a few months?
I hope the club and many others have a loss of income insurance, or something similar... I was looking at this myself but it’s more for the corporations on a larger scale with bigger employment.

I am due to drive down on Sunday for 9 days from Aberdeen, arguably the second safest place to be in the UK right now behind Inverness... and I’m seriously questioning what is the point??
It's highly unlikely any insurance policy would include provision for virus. Since Sars it's been nigh on impossible to get protection of any sort let alone profit protection.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Player contracts are to 30 June. So we have that period to play the games.

If players are put out of action because of the Coronavirus will there be a relaxation in the rules for emergency loans?

IndoMike

Im no micro biologist but from what I can gather, if this virus runs much the same as others of its type, it may well go quiet in the summer but then come back again later in the year and keep doing this until there is a vaccine developed and a thorough programme of vaccination in place. Until then my 8ft razor wire fence and locked border post stay where they are along with my 1 year supply of bog roll, red wine and gin. Sorted.
There is a theory that sunlight can inmobilize the virus, but that theory is disputed. Have also heard the theory that the fecker could return every year
However, since every scientist seems to have a different opinion Dr Dave's barometer might help.
My traditional Javanese sword will be under my bed and if necessary I can resort to a water pistol and a plastic duck.
See you on the other side.

IndoMike

Easy for you to say if you're not the one getting married.

Would think the issue is between players and their clubs.

Quite. I hope it doesn't come to it but think it's now entirely conceivable, if not probable, this season will not be concluded.
A wedding can be rearranged : I'm sure all parties involved would be understanding. Anyway, if it's postponed presumably the virus is still a problem, in which case a wedding is not a good idea anyway, is it?

malcolms

That would be one thing to make me chuckle in all this!
The one thing that couldn't be argued surely is that Liverpool deserve their title.