• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really? pretty big dip. I assume you are jokin
He's top scorer.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor outcome in the 2nd half with conditions in our favour.Dont like how Taylor set us up at the start,on the back foot for too long.

scottus86

Bowman isn't a bad player and is good against the right teams. We needed a little more class today though and Ajose offered more in 15 minutes than Bowman did all game.

Swindon were a good side, the wind was obviously a huge factor in the game and Swindon handled it better on the day. Sweeney at fault for their second goal, he should have put that ball out of play.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Swindon with their strike force.....the Championship must now be theirs to lose.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Simple fact I am afraid we have a powder puff attack..... and sadly that is not going to change.
This is indeed the problem. Each game is balanced on a knife edge and reliant on the defence to hold out. We lack the killer player to put the game beyond doubt.Ajose?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
We move on Swindon have been top for a long time and are there for a reason - time to re-group and go again

robchave

Lost too many 50/50s and second balls today. Never gave ourselves the opportunity to play. Swindon sharper all round.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman isn't a bad player and is good against the right teams. We needed a little more class today though and Ajose offered more in 15 minutes than Bowman did all game.

Swindon were a good side, the wind was obviously a huge factor in the game and Swindon handled it better on the day. Sweeney at fault for their second goal, he should have put that ball out of play.
First half, playing into the wind, away against the top team in the league, I'd pick bowman over Ajose every time. What's the point of a fox in the box if you can't get the ball up there?

Legohead

Banned
Now we are under pressure. A few more bad results and we'll be chasing 3rd. Stevenage next so some saving grace but that's not a given to get the win against them. Bowman on one of those runs again without scoring and along with **** poor defensive mistakes this will prove costly IMO. With Bowman if he goes a couple of games without scoring then change the starting line up and freshen it up. We can't keep playing a primary striker who goes on runs of 4/5 games without scoring before re-finding a mini streak. Taylor needs to be ruthless I feel. Not that I want to isolate Bowman in particular and make him purely the scapegoat. Disappointed tonight because with the other results it feels like we are being well and truly reeled in.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Conditions here are so difficult. Shame Swindon scored a goal that should never have stood. Clear handball in build up.

"Clear hand ball" in the build-up my arse!! Just because a few of the players tried it on its definite. No way can a handball be seen on the iFollow footage. Theres always some reason to suggest we've been hard done by!