• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion Disbanded

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The Combine Harvester Boys/People/Crew/Army/Whatever.

Dannyred

Danny quick question based on what you have just said.

will you be calling you’re new group of insurance ultras at city the Churchill’s with you’re signature chant being “ooooohhhh yes”
Sums up your lack of understanding of the problem.

i8cornwall

Sums up your lack of understanding of the problem.
No I fully understand I just don’t have to bother to listen to you now the RL has gone.

So what kind of suites will you wear in this group?

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you want to continue with a roman army theme you could go for 'City Cohort' or perhaps 'Exe's Legion' (that's a pun, BTW).

For away matches it could be 'Purple Phalanx'.

Still prefer the Ultrasound.

Dannyred

I believe I've said this before but for away games especially I do have some sympathy with the lads and lasses who just want to go to the game, stand at the back and support their team and have a good time which may or may not include swearing etc. Traditionally away games are where fans go for the day out, have a few drinks etc and get a bit more involved in the atmosphere than they would do at home games and I don't think sanitizing this experience to within an inch of it's life is fair on those people or for the culture of football and away day fans.

Part of the problem is the fact that we get penned in to some small area of seating often due to the nature of the league or in the case of clubs with vast stadiums like Notts County due to them being arseholes and not wanting to open up more areas of seating. This can pose problems for some fans perhaps with families who don't want to be near any raucous behaviour or persistent bad language. For example like at Scunthorpe this season we were given a small section of seating in the side Clugston Stand when usually away fans would be given the whole away end seating area. If this was the case and a family didn't like the choice language or behaviour from some they could move well, well away from that and enjoy the game in their own way and the other fans could enjoy their day too without impacting on others.

With a minimal amount of seating in a small area this isn't always possible.

I just would hope that when we are all penned in to these small areas of seating that those who like to sing and swear would at least have some awareness of who is around them like young kids etc and likewise that any family with young kids not wanting to be exposed to this would seek out the best possible area for them to sit given the confines of a small stand.

Again as i've said it's really all about fans considering other fans. Fans with young kids who are sat near the 'action' in the stands so to speak who don't seek to move but complain about the language etc need to be more aware of what constitutes a traditional away day for a lot of fans and perhaps move seats. Whilst those traditional away day fans who like a beer and the buzz of an away day also need to become more aware of how their behaviour impacts on others without minimizing their enjoyment of the day and what they want to get from the experience.

Until then all we can try and do is what works best for each of us in our own individual circumstances i guess as it's nothing is perfect as much as i'd like it to be.
I was told that the problem is worse at home games and that’s why the club plan to take action.

CityTillIDie

I was told that the problem is worse at home games and that’s why the club plan to take action.
What action did they say they were taking?

Arthur Davey

If you want to continue with a roman army theme you could go for 'City Cohort' or perhaps 'Exe's Legion' (that's a pun, BTW).

For away matches it could be 'Purple Phalanx'.

Still prefer the Ultrasound.
...surely a Greek rather than Roman theme?...(ok, yeah, I know we've got Roman walls)...say, Spartan Army?
I nearly misread Purple Phal...

i8cornwall

What action did they say they were taking?
Odd that the club never told me a couple weeks back at our meeting about the RL.

Danny either knows more then I do or he is taking ********.... I know which one it probably is!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
...surely a Greek rather than Roman theme?...(ok, yeah, I know we've got Roman walls)...say, Spartan Army?
I nearly misread Purple Phal...
Don't think the Greek armies had legions.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Was this via a formal meeting with a club representative ? Just wondering like.