• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ben Chrisene

tonykellowfan

Unfortunately recent past has shown that the very best players will be snapped up by bigger clubs. However, there are still other players who are in and around the first team who have come from our academy.

On that basis the academy clearly has value to us.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
When we were last assessed I believe we were found to meet Cat 2 standards apart from two main areas. 1)You are required to have an indoor/covered pitch of a minimum of half full size. 2) We do not have the required minimum number of staff. Certainly the Club is aiming to achieve Cat 2 status, and has been looking at the options to provide the covered pitch.
I've heard it suggested that there is a plan to spend some of any Watkins windfall on a covered pitch, but not sure if there's any truth to that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope he is left in peace until he's finished his GCSEs.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately recent past has shown that the very best players will be snapped up by bigger clubs. However, there are still other players who are in and around the first team who have come from our academy.

On that basis the academy clearly has value to us.
And looking at the recent past you have the likes of Pym and Sercombe who gave great service before moving on, even if they didn't command transfer fees.

StudentGrecian

I hope he is left in peace until he's finished his GCSEs.
Bayern hoping his German GCSE goes well

rooecfc

Also, maybe just coincedence. Ben had been on our first time site all season but has now been removed. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/ (clearly not completely up to date with Visser and Tillson shown and Warren not on loan.)
He hasn't been on there for a while.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've heard it suggested that there is a plan to spend some of any Watkins windfall on a covered pitch, but not sure if there's any truth to that.
That is a possibility but cant see it myself. There is no point really as we wouldn't be able to sustain a cat2 academy in the long term without significant ongoing investment.

Corey

That is a possibility but cant see it myself. There is no point really as we wouldn't be able to sustain a cat2 academy in the long term without significant ongoing investment.
I think the extra money we get from the various perks of being a cat2 academy would pay for itself

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the extra money we get from the various perks of being a cat2 academy would pay for itself
I dont agree sadly.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A covered pitch is not just for the academy, it provides the benefits of all weather training facilities for all teams.