• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
art seems a tad grouchy this morning.

What to do ?
Arrange for him on the quiet to get some Christmas quiz points?

tavyred

Corbyn/Labour did much better than expected in the Corbyn v May election and afterwards Corbyn was treated in some quarters like a folk hero, feted at rock festivals 'n all.
Even shortly before this latest election there was talk about the Corbyn bounce. So it's not totally unreasonable that some thought he had a chance. But his surprisingly good result in the 2017 election was more down to the dissatisfaction with May than a solid support for Corbyn: but maybe we did not realize that at the time
TM had the anti-austerity backlash in 2017, Boris was in the clear in that regard.

DB9

No Indo, I don’t.
But it does help to be a small "c" to be a Tory 😆

IndoMike

No Indo, I don’t.
Good.
Obviously regarding Art's tangle with you there is the dictionary definition of "patriot" and the individual"s interpretation of the word.

DB9

TM had the anti-austerity backlash in 2017, Boris was in the clear in that regard.
Amazing that even though the cabinet was full of people responsible for the austerity measures

tavyred

Amazing that even though the cabinet was full of people responsible for the austerity measures
I’m not saying that the Tories shouldn’t be confronted with their record, more that TM bore the brunt of it in 2017 and most voters had moved on by this GE.

DB9

I’m not saying that the Tories shouldn’t be confronted with their record, more that TM bore the brunt of it in 2017 and most voters had moved on by this GE.
Really, They've moved on? It was said in 2010 that Osbourne's 2nd wave of cuts in 2015 were going to be worse than the first lot which have born out to be true, Have to say those suffering under these cuts haven't moved on. But still Corbyn and Co let them down

tavyred

John McDonnell quits frontline Labour politics. He says “he’s done his bit”. Not arf! :)

Mr Jinx

I think Anna Turley nails it...

tavyred

Really, They've moved on? It was said in 2010 that Osbourne's 2nd wave of cuts in 2015 were going to be worse than the first lot which have born out to be true, Have to say those suffering under these cuts haven't moved on. But still Corbyn and Co let them down
Moved on, electorally I mean. IE. the willingness to punish the Tories at the ballot box.