• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Stelios

Tried to watch The Boys From Brazil (1978) on Talking Pictures tv. About senior Nazis who fled after the war and ended up in South America. I think it's supposed to be serious but too silly, too camp. An amazing cast but "too much acting" from Laurence Olivier & co.

Gave up after 45 minutes.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Fugitive 1993 , Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. Over the top , unbelievable in parts but fun ,especially the train crash and dam sequences. Thought I’d give it a whirl as I haven’t seen it since it originally came out. Enjoyed it again 9/10 for entertainment.

Banksy

The Plunderers , little known western starring Jeff Chandler and John Saxon. Four seemingly innocent cow hands come to town kill the sheriff and take it over taking what the want .Everybody is afraid to make a stand against them until......... Good little film probably a B movie in it’s time. 7/10

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Plunderers , little known western starring Jeff Chandler and John Saxon. Four seemingly innocent cow hands come to town kill the sheriff and take it over taking what the want .Everybody is afraid to make a stand against them until......... Good little film probably a B movie in it’s time. 7/10
Jeff Chandler was probably best known for playing "Native Americans", notably the Apache leader Cochise.

Banksy

Think he died from an accident very shortly after making the above film , early forties.

Rosencrantz

Don't know why it took me so long, but have finally watched Dr Strangelove. Brilliant. Peter Sellers is great. Was part of BBC4 cold war series which has been really good. Especially Rich Hall's Red Menace documentary and John Simpson's look back on his reporting of the Berlin Wall coming down.

arthur

Official Secrets. Very good.

"Just because you’re the prime minister doesn’t mean you get to make up your own facts.”

DB9

"Just because you’re the prime minister doesn’t mean you get to make up your own facts.”
Ironic quote 👍

Alistair20000

Does not sound realistic 😀

Stelios

Don't know why it took me so long, but have finally watched Dr Strangelove. Brilliant. Peter Sellers is great. Was part of BBC4 cold war series which has been really good. Especially Rich Hall's Red Menace documentary and John Simpson's look back on his reporting of the Berlin Wall coming down.
First time I saw Dr Strangelove (not that long ago) I remember being surprised by how sharp and funny it was. I know it's a classic but sometimes these types of comedies can feel dated or very much "of their time" but it still seemed very fresh. Packs a real punch.