• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Exception Starring Lily James ~ Christopher Plummer ~ Jai Courtney

A German officer is sent to investigate the exiled Kaiser Wilhelm ll. The Kaiser lives in a secluded mansion in Holland and the German High Command fear that Dutch spies may be watching him.

The last time I saw Lily James was when she was wearing that gorgeous pale blue crinoline dress in Cinderella (2015). In this film she is wearing rather less - in fact she is wearing nothing at all.

One for the voyeurs out there. 8/10

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Finally watched Dr Strangelove.
One of my absolute favourites, so many great lines and some unforgettable characters. If anyone ever asks for a definition of a 'black comedy'- this is it.

Swanaldo

Lily James was when she was wearing that gorgeous pale blue crinoline dress in Cinderella (2015)
I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of TV, because she's in an advert that seems to be on every five minutes.

I'm not complaining by the way, I'm a fan of Lily - excellent in Cinderella, Baby Driver and Yesterday in my humble opinion.

Legohead

Banned
Not quite as illustrious as the films mentioned on here but I took the kid to see the recent ADDAMS FAMILY film and would like to make a few observations.

Firstly why are so many kids films these days animated / CGI? Yes I know technology has advanced but I don't seem to find many films for kids these days with real actors / actresses in them and films that are just normal. Like Home Alone, Harry Potter or classic kids films before total CGI. The genre seems top heavy with animated films and a lot of them that I watch seem to me like they've been thrown together in somebody's lunch break. They are like B movies and just relentlessly churned out.

The storylines are poor and the jokes worse. Presumably they are a massive amount cheaper to make.

Anyway, the ADDAMS FAMILY was deplorable and i only just managed the fortitude and perseverance to sit through such an atrocity thanks to a medium sized box of popcorn that was the size of a small car and took me the whole film to get through. I'm a Yorkshireman and waste nowt! ;)

arthur

The Irishman. Very good. Three and a half hours with no interval, but it didn't feel like it at all. The cinema is much better than netflix at home (unless it's the Odeon)

Banksy

The Foreigner , Jackie Chan , Pierce Brosnan. Special Ops soldier’s daughter is killed in IRA bomb attack and he targets the leader of the organisation to find out which members were responsible.
Action all the way if that’s your bag , good way to spend a couple of hours.

Avening Posse

The Keeper. Bert Trautmann from POW in St Helens to playing for Man City over 500 times and all the woes of being German in England so soon after the war. Very good. 8/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Fugitive 1993 , Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. Over the top , unbelievable in parts but fun ,especially the train crash and dam sequences. Thought I’d give it a whirl as I haven’t seen it since it originally came out. Enjoyed it again 9/10 for entertainment.
A most enjoyable film that I still watch from time to time. Jeroen Krabbe, the Dutch actor who played the dodgy doc, later proved to be a thorn in the side of DCI Tom Barnaby when he later relocated to Midsomer.

Antony Moxey

Hobbs and Shaw. Pile of plop - too many smart arse comments throughout, particularly from serial dullard Statham, ruins what should be a proper brain out crack open the tinnies and order a pizza action romp. There are, as you’d expect, plenty of fights, guns, car chases, explosions and tech, but the whole thing is spoilt by the dialogue which seems to deteriorate as the film continues.

Of course as well as poor dialogue the acting’s not exactly Shakespearean and the plot’s hardly rivaling Hitchcock’s finest efforts, but all the same given it’s the ninth Fast and Furious film so you kind of know what to expect by now you’d have thought they might have spared a few quid of the budget to put towards a half Decent scriptwriter.

No doubt though this won’t be the last time I watch this film *sigh*.

3/10

Colesman Ballz

Hobbs and Shaw. Pile of plop - too many smart arse comments throughout, particularly from serial dullard Statham, ruins what should be a proper brain out crack open the tinnies and order a pizza action romp. There are, as you’d expect, plenty of fights, guns, car chases, explosions and tech, but the whole thing is spoilt by the dialogue which seems to deteriorate as the film continues.

Of course as well as poor dialogue the acting’s not exactly Shakespearean and the plot’s hardly rivaling Hitchcock’s finest efforts, but all the same given it’s the ninth Fast and Furious film so you kind of know what to expect by now you’d have thought they might have spared a few quid of the budget to put towards a half Decent scriptwriter.

No doubt though this won’t be the last time I watch this film *sigh*.

3/10
Welcome back Moxers, long time no see !