• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Virgin Connect

Redarrow

Welcome back Redarrow
Thank you mate, hope you are well 👍🏻

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It would be brilliant to get Virgin on board with sponsorship. hopefully our marketing team are on this.
Great! We can travel to away matches by rocket !!

Ian Russon

Mike, your posts are worrying. I'm not sure why anyone would want to travel by rocket.

Red Bill

Mike, your posts are worrying. I'm not sure why anyone would want to travel by rocket.
Its a long way to SJP from Indonesia, so rocket might make home games a possibility for Mike!

Grecian2K

Apparently the planes are to be repainted red - which I guess is a good thing!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we have white stripes on them with black tail wings :unsure:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd guess we'll be looking for a new sponsor when the current deal expires. Which would be a massive shame. I remember the days when Flybe's name was sung at SJP. Can't imagine that a sponsor's name has been sung by any club's fans too often.

Red Devon

Listening to travel expert Simon Calder on Westcountry News tonight I’d be very suprised if we ever see the Virgin Connect logo on our shirts....he seemed pretty confident that their Exeter operation will be massively downgraded with just feeder flights to their Virgin Atlantic service.

hienzeECFC

Suspect it means the end of the relationship. makes sense for Flybe to market in this way, but the Virgin brand isn't likely to justify the same strategy.

As a side question, if we were looking for a new sponsor, would you be happy if it were a gambling brand? (The odds are it will be!) Would you rather City took less money from a non-betting brand?

Redarrow

Suspect it means the end of the relationship. makes sense for Flybe to market in this way, but the Virgin brand isn't likely to justify the same strategy.

As a side question, if we were looking for a new sponsor, would you be happy if it were a gambling brand? (The odds are it will be!) Would you rather City took less money from a non-betting brand?
This is a good point as a lot of clubs seem to be going that route now, the unfortunate thing is child’s shirt sales may reduce as they aren’t allowed to have a betting or alcohol sponsor on an under 18 shirt, Bristol city for instance has ‘robins’ on all their youth shirts as they are sponsored by ‘dunder’ Which is a betting company!! Be a shame I think if we can’t get a local company to sponsor us, swcomms I know is rugby mad but they have done a lot for the chiefs over the years so it proves we don’t have to go to a large national organisation. With that in mind which local business would be large enough to sponsor us? Got to be a fair few out there surely