• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Matchday Thread

exeter-loyal

"We'll score again, don't know where, don't know when................."
Saturday more than once hopefully!

Arthur Davey

Perhaps he should go out and sign a proper out and out goalscorer, instead of expecting the goals to come from anybody who fancies a shot! As I've said before, Bowman puts in a shift (much of the time with his elbows!) but he's not a target man. Another woe-full display from him again today.
...which was presumably why he signed Ajose...

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fully behind MT with his comments as we’ve have missed a gluttony of chance that can be traced back to the Oldham game, I really hope Matt can sort this problem pretty sharpish before it begins to effect our league position.

My own view on the game today is that it’s a point gained in a very difficult match.

Exehausted

Matts got to be careful. You can only whip a horse so many times before it has no effect. It's a horrible phrase but American managers at all levels are encouraged to use a hug, punch, hug approach. Always finish with a very strong positive outlook. He needs the players to go out and play with confidence against FGR next week, not be scared to make mistakes and give the ball away and hide and hand them the advantage.

Stelios

Matts got to be careful. You can only whip a horse so many times before it has no effect. It's a horrible phrase but American managers at all levels are encouraged to use a hug, punch, hug approach. Always finish with a very strong positive outlook. He needs the players to go out and play with confidence against FGR next week, not be scared to make mistakes and give the ball away and hide and hand them the advantage.
I agree.

MT sets high standards and expects other to do the same. Personally I feel he can go a bit too far at times in his post-match comments but, time and time again, he does tend to call a spade a spade! If we're missing loads of chances he's going to get annoyed about missing loads of chances!

I don't know how beneficial it is but he obviously wants and demands more and more.

exeter-loyal

Forest Green will be very tough next week. If we are going to beat them we need to start taking these chances but do worry that Lewis Ward may not make it. Anyone know why?

budegrecian

Forest Green will be very tough next week. If we are going to beat them we need to start taking these chances but do worry that Lewis Ward may not make it. Anyone know why?
Possibly cracked a bone in his arm so could be out a long time.

exeter-loyal

Possibly cracked a bone in his arm so could be out a long time.
Oh crap. We now have to trust Maxted, let's hope he performs well.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
He landed heavily after the failed attempt to keep their goal out!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If Ward is out, do we have a back up keeper to go on the bench?