• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think maybe it wouldn't work as well on telly if the two presenters were peas in a pod. PW is definitely spikier than BM but, for me, it works and ,as I said, although I don't do angling I enjoy the programme.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great film on Retro Movies(Sky 327)this evening @9.00pm.The Roaring Twenties(1939) Cagney & Bogart on the same billing.

DB9

A great film on Retro Movies(Sky 327)this evening @9.00pm.The Roaring Twenties(1939) Cagney & Bogart on the same billing.
Can't get better than those two. Do you remember those films by MGM and Warner Bros that showed clips of classic films from say the 30's to 60's? Think they were made in the 70's and introduced by someone like Gene Kelly or a person of ilk, Whether it was a musical or drama

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Roaring Twenties(1939) Cagney & Bogart on the same billing.
They were together in a western once! :)

Cagney's best gangster film was probably "Angels With Dirty Faces" (1938). Bogart was in that, too.

Reactions: DB9

Banksy

They were together in a western once! :)

Cagney's best gangster film was probably "Angels With Dirty Faces" (1938). Bogart was in that, too.
The Oklahoma Kid , not a bad little western.

Grecian2K

Just started catching up on the BBC documentary series of the history of "The Troubles".

Eye-opening (even though I'm sure that SOME on here would be throwing their handbags up in horror at some of the "revelations").

Rosencrantz

Just started catching up on the BBC documentary series of the history of "The Troubles".

Eye-opening (even though I'm sure that SOME on here would be throwing their handbags up in horror at some of the "revelations").
Well worth watching so far as growing up in the eighties the troubles were ubiquitous on the news programmes and although I have learnt some of the history of Ireland up to the 1920's, I hadn't really been aware of the start the Troubles.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is there any great music programmes any more? Something along the lines of the Old Grey Whistle Test or C4's The Tube?

Colesman Ballz

Is there any great music programmes any more? Something along the lines of the Old Grey Whistle Test or C4's The Tube?
Snag is that you need great music/great musicians to appear on them, both of which seem in short supply at the moment. Grime etc doesn't really cut it. Sadly your post could be equally at home on the "Things we don't see anymore" thread.

DB9

Not new programmes but BBC4 on a Friday evening have either reruns of classic TOTP and sometimes good concerts or documentaries about classic groups/singers also Sky Arts have some little gems too but in general CB is right