• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hmm - we'll see. I very much doubt he will get a majority. No Deal will solve nothing - we'll be trading on WTO terms, one of only four countries in the world doing this on their own (East Timor, Somalia and South Sudan being the only other countries not in trade blocs with neighbouring countries). We won't be able to even start negotiating a trade deal with the EU until we settle our £39 billion debt. Brexit will drag on for years, even though we are out. Once people get to realise all this, the "clean break" will not seem so simple and attractive as it might do now
Despite all that, it didn't stop TBP sweeping the board in the May EU elections. A lot of people really aren't that bothered about a No Deal scenario, some even want it above everything else.

If Corbyn now goes and logjams everything it is going to do him no favours at all.

DB9

Despite all that, it didn't stop TBP sweeping the board in the May EU elections. A lot of people really aren't that bothered about a No Deal scenario, some even want it above everything else.

If Corbyn now goes and logjams everything it is going to do him no favours at all.
In May's Euro elections we still had May in charge trying to get her deal through and the first chance to vote after she had to go begging for an extension and TBP took full advantage of that

Alistair20000

Poor from you, Ali. I have never said the people who wanted to vote Leave were stupid, but I have said that they were misinformed and misled.
It's no good you trying to deflect from what happened last night.. The fact is that Johnson's bullying and lies have had no impact. Why don't you criticize Johnson? Even Nicholas Soames - his buddy - says he's a charlatan and not to be trusted. He thinks we all believe he is negotiating with the EU, but nobody from the EU knows anything about it.
One thing is for sure : BREXIT is dividing us and will do for years. This has become very tribal.
Indo. Calm down man. Take a tablet or summat :)

Where did I say YOU had made those remarks. I was referring to the sneering elites and it seems I correctly concluded that you are not part of those elites.
My reply was in response to your specific remark. Criticizing BoJo don't come into it. I will do that where necessary in other posts.

Mr Jinx

In May's Euro elections we still had May in charge trying to get her deal through and the first chance to vote after she had to go begging for an extension and TBP took full advantage of that
The point I'm trying to make is that No Deal is not a vote loser.

Alistair20000

In the unlikely event you've included me in your 'et al', Mike, I'm most definitely not in denial. I've had my eyes wide open all along and am currently enjoying the ride. Interesting times and all that.
Join me in that as Indo definitely included me. For his info I am not a member of the Conservative party.

IndoMike

Indo. Calm down man. Take a tablet or summat :)

Where did I say YOU had made those remarks. I was referring to the sneering elites and it seems I correctly concluded that you are not part of those elites.
My reply was in response to your specific remark. Criticizing BoJo don't come into it. I will do that where necessary in other posts.
Thanks for the clarification. The written word can be misunderstood on the battlefield where chaos and confusion reigns. I've told you before : I'm perfectly calm - it's just my style...

elginCity

Reports from various sources that the UK’s now in recession. This is just the start.

tavyred

Purging the party of one nation MPs, even just those prepared to lose their jobs, narrows the campaign platform considerably. The ERG type has always been in a minority, their brand won’t appeal enough to candidates or Tory mainstream.

Cummings genius.
The thought of Corbyn and McDonnell should be enough to keep the Tory mainstream on side for one more GE at least. Don’t deny the seismic shift within the Tory party but an unresolved Brexit situation makes the next GE a complete one off. Corbyn is going to get creamed.

DB9

The point I'm trying to make is that No Deal is not a vote loser.
Not a vote loser but not enough I think to get a working majority as the Brexit vote was close and according to reports the % are still roughly the same

Alistair20000

Indeed, what an absolute shìtshow it is now

Indeed. What an absolute shìtshow it is now. If Boris's motion for a GE doesn't get through then I just don't know what to suggest. Shut the whole feckin thing down perhaps?

Two word solution Jinxster: Guy Fawkes