• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England's Ashes Test Team

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Assuming we lose and it is a dead series get rid or Roy, Denly, Buttler and maybe also Bairstow for Manchester and the Oval and bring in some others on the basis they will get a decent run to establish themselves. Root to bat at 4. Don't know who to draft in but we are at the point where in red ball cricket anybody is better than this lot.

The ECB has brought this about by trashing the 4 day game, banishing it to the fringes of April and September and focussing too much on the white ball stuff. All of this before the shitty "Hundred" is rolled out next year.
They have to go, but God knows who can come in. I think it's going to take a long time to regroup and prepare a competitive team. It's really sad and frustrating that the next 2 Tests will be dead rubbers. Will the spectators show up,?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope it's a better lunch time captain's talk than yesterday!

IndoMike

I5-2. Roy and Burns out
The Test series has been cancelled due to one team not turning up.

IndoMike

We can't, can we?

Colesman Ballz

We can't, can we?
Any batsman who throws his wicket away should go straight to the carpark and never be seen in an England shirt again !

IndoMike

Assuming we lose and it is a dead series get rid or Roy, Denly, Buttler and maybe also Bairstow for Manchester and the Oval and bring in some others on the basis they will get a decent run to establish themselves. Root to bat at 4. Don't know who to draft in but we are at the point where in red ball cricket anybody is better than this lot.

The ECB has brought this about by trashing the 4 day game, banishing it to the fringes of April and September and focussing too much on the white ball stuff. All of this before the shitty "Hundred" is rolled out next year.
Are you still going tomorrow, Alistair?

IndoMike

I do hope some of us will get left with a load of egg across our face combined with a huge slice of humble pie. 220 needed./ 8 wickets

geoffwp

Damn. Just as I was thinking we can get to the end of today's play with Root and Denley still in, Denley goes. Fingers crossed no total collapse. Do we send in a night watchman and risk another wicket or not.

geoffwp

Its Stokes

Colesman Ballz

Are you still going tomorrow, Alistair?
Could it possibly be another classic "I was there" moment ?