• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

burtiew

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the limited budget that we have, I think the signing of Randell Williams, in the January window, & Lee Holmes being given another deal suggests that's it's unlikely that we would be looking to sign Ogbene on loan again. I also suspect that having now broken into the 1st team squad at Brentford the contribution towards his wages would be higher this time around.
MT has said he wants to sign another forward. Ogbene can play either wide or down the middle, so his versatility would be handy.

And Ogbene’s season went seriously into reverse after his recall. Yes, he made five sub appearances (mainly on 88 or 89 minutes)in the six weeks after his recall. But after that in the last ten weeks of the season he made just one sub appearance lasting six minutes. He slipped down the pecking order and wasn’t getting on the bench - In Brentford’s 4-3-3 he found himself seventh choice behind Maupay Benrahma Watkins Canos Marcondes and Forss for a front three spot. In fact he played more at the end of the previous season than he did last season.

jimbo-gould

We’re after Robbie Cundy on loan apparently. Young CB at Bristol City.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
SO as it stands we are waiting to hear on Smerdon the Gloucester City defender who we believe is over in Jersey. Cundie from Bristol City on loan and Ajose from Charlton or another striker, and another goalkeeper, then that should see our main business concluded, although we are waiting to hear from Mr Crockford as to who the number 31 is going to be (Smerdon??)

benjisheps

SO as it stands we are waiting to hear on Smerdon the Gloucester City defender who we believe is over in Jersey. Cundie from Bristol City on loan and Ajose from Charlton or another striker, and another goalkeeper, then that should see our main business concluded, although we are waiting to hear from Mr Crockford as to who the number 31 is going to be (Smerdon??)
Smerdon wan't the player that went to Jersey. It was Alex Fisher.

jimmy

We’re after Robbie Cundy on loan apparently. Young CB at Bristol City.
This is a real goer apparently.

He was player of the season at Bath and was a cut above the rest in the Conference South. About seventh choice at Bristol City at the moment, so any game time welcome for him.

He is 6 foot 6 and 22 years old.

I hope this is our young centre back for the season. We have built a good reputation for giving the opportunity and developing young CBs. I hope we get another chance with this lad.

Oh, and I hope Smerdon becomes ours too! Permanently. Sounds a great prospect!

Joshyd123

Oh, and I hope Smerdon becomes ours too! Permanently. Sounds a great prospect!
Smerdon's brother liked a tweet of mine last night and said 'all being well' when I messaged about Noah joining. Positive indeed.

Colesman Ballz

This is a real goer apparently.
He is 6 foot 6 and 22 years old.
You do the lad a disservice he's HALF AN INCH taller than that ! Could make all the difference when those crosses, corners and free kicks come flying in. :)

On a serious note, for all our historians, if he joins would he be our tallest player ever ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You do the lad a disservice he's HALF AN INCH taller than that ! Could make all the difference when those crosses, corners and free kicks come flying in. :)

On a serious note, for all our historians, if he joins would he be our tallest player ever ?
Kevin 'the tree' Francis played eight games for us and according to Wikipedia he is 6 foot 7. I may be completely making this up but I vaguely remember we used to call him 'tree' when he played against us for Stockport and it was inspired by Harry Enfield. Younger posters may not be overly impressed by this slice of 90's comedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1eicbZqfA

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin 'the tree' Francis played eight games for us and according to Wikipedia he is 6 foot 7. I may be completely making this up but I vaguely remember we used to call him 'tree' when he played against us for Stockport and it was inspired by Harry Enfield. Younger posters may not be overly impressed by this slice of 90's comedy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1eicbZqfA
I'm sure millennials wouldn't be impressed either with some of our number calling the extendable tunnel at Wycombe "Kev's condom" when we played there in the windscreen wiper trophy with Kev in our line-up.