• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nigel's Brek**** Partay launch video...

[video=youtube;v-xLmI352vE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xLmI352vE[/video]
PURE QUALITY THERE SPANKERS!!

And, just to add..?

Froggy went a-talking and he just lied
"No shame. No shame"
Froggy went a-sqwaking and the country cried
"More pain. More pain"
Froggy realised he'd lose his EU shilling
But at least he's found one Rees-Mogg who is willing
To help him fill his wallet up
Again. Again.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:

elginCity

.......as a net importer we'd actually stand to gain financially from a tariff-based arrangement with the EU were reciprocal trading levels to be maintained......
Yes, and City would actually stand to gain financially from a 10% increase in admission/refreshment prices, proof of identity requirements, increased security checks and searches, were current gates to be maintained.....

IndoMike

No probs, she'll just ask for an extension.
Yes, she'll be like King Canute : standing on the Dawlish beach holding back the ever-rising tide.

Terryhall

I'm not saying it's beneficial to increase barriers to trade, just that as a net importer we'd actually stand to gain financially from a tariff-based arrangement with the EU were reciprocal trading levels to be maintained. However, I don't wish for this to be the case hence why I'd prefer to see the WA ratified and a FTA agreed by the time we exit the withdrawal period.
We are not a net importer. This has been shown to be selective reporting of selected statistics and does not bear the weight of any detailed financial scrutiny.

Just one of many truly independent sources that you will find on the topic - https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-trade-deficit-eu/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7sDlBRC9ARIsAD-pDFqXQnmL6JZnwLrKkwrWyzSC14dn3taPbt7A7szX636Fnd9uA_s-DuEaAldsEALw_wcB

and another here, the official parliament briefing paper on the matter - https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

No probs, she'll just ask for an extension.
We will be having more extensions than DIY SOS..

IndoMike

The Telegraph

Tories face 60 seat loss amid Brexit backlash as 'Corbyn bound for No 10'

DB9

The Telegraph

Tories face 60 seat loss amid Brexit backlash as 'Corbyn bound for No 10'
Mike, Don't forget we have to call him "The Glorious Leader" He has to be demonised as apparently the UK will be turned into North Korea or East Germany so we're told by "Our Betters"

IndoMike

Yes. It's a bit silly to give him this title, but I guess we all do a bit of name-calling. It will not have much effect on the vast majority of young voters who would prefer not to vote for May. Of course the Telegraph are promoting a leadership challenge headed by their esteemed writer and fiddler of the books and the truth Johnson.

DB9

When and if a GE is called you'll see a total ramp up of demonising and mis-information by certain right leaning papers to scare everyone to vote for a saintly Tory leader whoever that will be. It will be a dirty, social media led campaign I think

IndoMike

Ukip has been ordered to fully reveal details of how it used nearly £300,000 of political data services in the run-up to the Brexit vote and the 2015 general election after the party lost a two-year legal battle to block disclosure.

An appeals tribunal found the political party, led at the time by Nigel Farage, failed to properly answer the information commissioner’s questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.