• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Cheltenham Town v Exeter City Offcial Matchday Thread

The penalty decision was unbelievable it is a contact sport. Pym was brave jumping to punch clear. The Cheltenham player was also challenging for the ball and they collided.

If that was a penalty then virtually every aerial challenge in the area between an attacker and defender could result in one being given.

Red faced

I'm not looking for excuses and you don't get to tell me to "stop" posting whatever I want to post. Once again you completely dismiss my comment that he "might have" cost us promotion. If you can disprove that please let me know.
Regarding our form, yes I'm aware that since we lost Stockley unsurprisingly our form has been inconsistent. Fortunately I still have faith and am happy that we have maintained a place in the top 10 despite all the changes during pre-season. I guess I don't have an agenda like you clearly do and am not so mean-spirited.
By the way, home attendances are averaging around 300 higher per match than last season, so clearly many people are more attracted to watch City than during previous seasons.
Great response, can’t argue with something as mature as that. A bit confused about what the increase in average home attendance has to do with Huxtable”s penalty decision but I’m sure you thought there was some relevance in it when you first wrote it. Literally my only agenda is to fix up lunch (given that I am in Sydney). I think yours should include going to bed. You can dream a world where Pierluigi Collina gets to referee each & every lower league match & as such, the ECFC trophy cabinets are bursting.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Great response, can’t argue with something as mature as that. A bit confused about what the increase in average home attendance has to do with Huxtable”s penalty decision but I’m sure you thought there was some relevance in it when you first wrote it. Literally my only agenda is to fix up lunch (given that I am in Sydney). I think yours should include going to bed. You can dream a world where Pierluigi Collina gets to referee each & every lower league match & as such, the ECFC trophy cabinets are bursting.
I don't usually go to bed at 8 o'clock in the morning.
I'm not surprised you don't see any relevance : clearly you're not the brightest spark on Exeweb.
Try thinking a bit harder and then you'll see the relevance. I do suggest you support Argyle, however : not much point supporting City if you just want to rubbish them.

Last edited:

benjisheps

The referee - who else.
Credy, if you genuinely think that is a penalty then you are showing your lack of football knowledge.

Even their GK, their Manager and the Linesman have come out and said it was not a penalty.

Red faced

I don't usually go to bed at 8 o'clock in the morning.
I'm not surprised you don't see any relevance : clearly you're not the brightest spark on Exeweb.
Try thinking a bit harder and then you'll see the relevance. I do suggest you support Argyle, however : not much point supporting City if you just want to rubbish them.
So do you still think that ref could potentially have cost us promotion? ie these 2 points lost yesterday? Effectively that's what you said right? ie "he might have cost us promotion" .

IndoMike

Potentially, yes. If we miss the playoffs by one point then arguably the lost 2 points yesterday might have made the difference.
However, I did say that other teams might be able to say the same thing and I acknowledge we're not consistent.
We differ on the importance of saying "might have" and we differ in our degree of disappointment with the team.

robchave

If that was a penalty then Huxtable has just changed goalkeeping in the modern game. From now on, no keeper will be able to punch a contested cross for fear of 'touching' an opposing player. Punching crosses has effectively been banned.

Rog H K

Well at the time I was perplexed as soon as the ref gave a pen as I saw a fair challenge in a 50/50 ball with Pym playing the ball thumping it away. Perhaps there was something else I was thinking to myself after, but having watched it again a zillion times I am even more perplexed. Yellow carded after that incident it was silly of Pym to push the Cheltenham player in the back who was making a pig of himself shielding the ball from Pym retrieving it for a quick goal kick. Hammon in goal away to Macclesfield now, who out of interest will be 2nd keeper that night?

Alistair20000

Hamon in goal away to Macclesfield now, who out of interest will be 2nd keeper that night?
Is Matt Taylor registered as a player ? ;)

IndoMike

Is Matt Taylor registered as a player ? ;)
"We want Pate, We want Pate..."..(y)