• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley Town v Exeter City matchday thread

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Won't be following the match tonight as there's a family birthday that I'll be attending instead.
Same for me. The plus side is that i get to stuff me face with curry (y)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm worried this will be a tough one tonight. We've played more or less the same starting XI since the start of the season, and the concentration levels and application have been excellent almost every game. But with two away games in four days, one a long trip, I can't help worry we may not be firing on all cylinders tonight. This was a type of fixture week where Tis would rotate, often to eccentric proportion, but I doubt Matt will shake things up too much, though it's difficult to see Holmes starting after his performance on Saturday. I do think at some stage we have to work out an alternative to Stockley in case of injury/transfer but Abrahams and Forte would be a massive gamble together, and then if you lose people criticise the selection. Still, it's early doors and maybe I'm underestimating the players' ability to keep this form going. I'd be happy with a point personally but I haven't seen Crawley since last season and they might not have much to them. We'll see.

scottus86

I agree Antman, a point from this fixture would make me happy too. I think we'll see two changes. Lee Martin in for Holmes and Tillson in for Forte.

Langer

I feel a victory is possible.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we get a penalty who's taking it ? I'm for Stockley.

Red Monster

Jayden on the bench .

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sweeney for pens. Stick with the lad.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jayden on the bench .
Forte and Jay together up front.

So it's Jay for Stockley and L Martin for Holmes.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stockley injured. Hope Jay can do the business.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley injured. .
What is the injury? He's listed as on the bench, so must be a knock at the worst, hopefully nothing serious.