• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Matchday Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought we were dominant tbh, and a class above Stevenage who are good for this division. Should have been more but were wasteful.

whiff

I only saw the second half and it wasn't especially entertaining with neither keeper having a save to make. Stevenage had a lot of the ball but never looked like breaking down our well-organised defence and never really came close to scoring. When we did get the ball we looked slightly more dangerous and at least created a few half chances, but we seemed to be overly defensive with neither full back ever really getting forward. Nicky Law yet again looked good for us with some more excellent passes but Boateng and Taylor were very quiet and I don't think Holmes touched the ball before being subbed. This might not go down well but this was awfully reminiscent of a lot of the wins we ground out last season at home.

PeteUSA

I think I would take 1-0 now....this has another "late equaliser" written all over it :(
It didnt didnt it. I fully expected Stevenage to get an equaliser given the amount of possession they had going forward. We really weren't very convincing in the second half. Stevenage had far too much of the ball as we attempted to sit on a slender one goal lead.

PeteUSA

Thought we were dominant tbh, and a class above Stevenage who are good for this division. Should have been more but were wasteful.
A "class above" Max? IMHO At no time did that appear to be the case, although it might have appeared differently given that you were at the game.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thoughts and well wishes to whoever was being treated in the Doble tonight.

Hopefully you make a full recovery and get back to SJP soon.

manc grecian

First half we were excellent despite the stoppage and maybe should have been more than 1 up. Second half we sat off too much, looked a bit leggy but never looked like conceding.

Good subs from The King that stopped Stevenages momentum.

Law and Martin best players for City. Taylor was sloppy and slow in midfield and Holmes anonymous for most of the game and woeful when he had the ball.

Best wishes to the bloke in the FLYBE stand hope he pulls through. Great response from the medical people

Last edited:

manc grecian

And not sure a break in the game warrants wishing someone happy birthday regardless of who it is

PeteUSA

Thoughts and well wishes to whoever was being treated in the Doble tonight. Hopefully you make a full recovery and get back to SJP soon.
I echo that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to SJP.

dontpassback

Not pretty,but a game we saw out,I thought Stevenage passed it well,but didn’t have any finish,plenty of time wasting until they went 1 down and surprise surprise their keeper showed some urgency.nicky law was a cut above,Jayden stockley needs to show a bit more urgency and Christy needs to keep his kicks on the pitch instead of giving the opposition a throw in.Forte played well and we looked organised,not the best entertainment but a win which puts us second so a good night. I hope the fan who was unwell gets better,and credit to the paramedics and all concerned for their treatment.i thought the city fans desire to stop the game was class,and I am not sure why the ref was not informed earlier

Alistair20000

Thoughts and well wishes to whoever was being treated in the Doble tonight.

Hopefully you make a full recovery and get back to SJP soon.
The most important point to make about the evening.