• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lost again without scoring at home to Chippenham. :D

The sooner they go under the better for all concerned. (y)
Stupid remarks. Who, as football fans, would want any team to go under?

DB9

Just under 1500 crowd today for them, Not a bad return for NLS i guess. It's a shame they're going through this and can't be fun for those who turn up week in week out. As they're full time this season, That can't be cheap and no TV money to fall back on so someone is funding that what though if they failed to get promoted first time, Could they as a club still run full time players?

Last edited:

Doug3101

The shambles continues off the field too.

Last edited:

Doug3101

Colesman Ballz

Interesting to learn that Clarke Osbourne didn't "rip off" the stadium design from Grimsby after all, he merely "ripped off" a "ripoff", as the design was produced ten years ago for a community stadium in India ! You couldn't make it up ! (rofl)

I wonder if Les GTFC realises ? My only surprise is that Harry Plotter at Gnome Park didn't recycle it too !

ecfc2000

I wouldn't be surprised if owers got the chop in the not too distant future.

For me the sorry tale of a club I have followed for 40 years, through ups and downs similar to ECFC, is a lesson for you lot to value your ownership as a supporters trust club. Whatever happens, good or bad, at least you know decisions will be made in the interests of the club.

Poor decisions and incompetence has led my team to the brink of...well, what? Liquidation would be better than this. At least it would be quick and we could get on with forming a phoenix team or getting on with life. This is death by slow suffocation. We know where it’s all going to end but it could be another decade before the final shots are administered. We are in the grasp of Osborne. He has us checkmate. All we can do is hope that the council never sells him the freehold and that the person ****s off. But he won’t. He plays the long game. He’s been involved with Swindon speedway for around a decade, sucking the life out of them, crushing any hopes with false promise after false promise. It doesn’t matter to him how long it takes as long as he gets what he wants at the end of it. Our club is like a corpse in the Walking Dead, just existing, in limbo, screwed and ****ed. There’s little point in going because you feel like you’re endorsing the fantasy that Clarke Osborne cons the gullible with. Yet does a boycott play exactly into his hands, proving such a stadium is no longer needed. Nobody knows. Who can tell? Our club is dead, yet still it exists, losing at home to a team our reserves used to beat. There are very many worse things in life but it does engender anger and malaise.

Doug3101

I wouldn't be surprised if owers got the chop in the not too distant future.
Well the conspiracy theorists would say he's doing a fantastic job!

Benguin

For me the sorry tale of a club I have followed for 40 years, through ups and downs similar to ECFC, is a lesson for you lot to value your ownership as a supporters trust club. Whatever happens, good or bad, at least you know decisions will be made in the interests of the club.

Poor decisions and incompetence has led my team to the brink of...well, what? Liquidation would be better than this. At least it would be quick and we could get on with forming a phoenix team or getting on with life. This is death by slow suffocation. We know where it’s all going to end but it could be another decade before the final shots are administered. We are in the grasp of Osborne. He has us checkmate. All we can do is hope that the council never sells him the freehold and that the person ****s off. But he won’t. He plays the long game. He’s been involved with Swindon speedway for around a decade, sucking the life out of them, crushing any hopes with false promise after false promise. It doesn’t matter to him how long it takes as long as he gets what he wants at the end of it. Our club is like a corpse in the Walking Dead, just existing, in limbo, screwed and ****ed. There’s little point in going because you feel like you’re endorsing the fantasy that Clarke Osborne cons the gullible with. Yet does a boycott play exactly into his hands, proving such a stadium is no longer needed. Nobody knows. Who can tell? Our club is dead, yet still it exists, losing at home to a team our reserves used to beat. There are very many worse things in life but it does engender anger and malaise.
I really feel for you Granville. How on earth do these scum get away with it?
Then I look at the people running the country and it’s not such a mystery.
Money is everything now and if you have to squash a few people on the way never mind.

geoffwp

Always good to see you posting on the boards Granville but such a damn shame it's for all the wrong reasons. There used to be some good banter. Would be good if we could see those days again.