• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not necessarily, no. I was picking up on your assertion that pace drops off during a players '30s. That's a general assertion and doesn't apply to all players. Cureton could still
turn it on and run at players at 37. I'd put money on Forte bagging 10-12 goals this season if he stays fit and plays regularly. It's also what else he brings to the game for others and he's class in that regard.
I think he'll get somewhere between 10-15 goals assuming that he plays 35-40 games and that the team has a good season.

DanceMagnet

I’m not sure we can expect as many goals from a Jayden this season. He will very much be a marked man this season which will hopefully open the door for others to chip in and score more regularly.

muppetdodger

I’m not sure we can expect as many goals from a Jayden this season. He will very much be a marked man this season which will hopefully open the door for others to chip in and score more regularly.
Also Tisfail channeled the whole team through Stockley, and I think he played practically every minute since he signed. Don't think he'll be playing every minute this year; we have plenty of striker options and we look to be thinking a bit differently in terms of style of play.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not easy to stop someone who's main asset is their aerial ability.

If he remains fit and the service into him is decent he will do very well again.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not necessarily, no. I was picking up on your assertion that pace drops off during a players '30s. That's a general assertion and doesn't apply to all players. Cureton could still
turn it on and run at players at 37. I'd put money on Forte bagging 10-12 goals this season if he stays fit and plays regularly. It's also what else he brings to the game for others and he's class in that regard.
So players are as quick at 32 as they are in their mid 20 's ,, REALLY ..but yet Again u and others miss my point which was are we equipted to replace and compete in the play offs / autos without stockleys 20 plus and HE WILL GET THEM the answer IMO is NOT. comparing forte to curaton totally riduculous.. curaton when he joined us had scored almost 200 goals and his skill was finishing.. forte is the nearest striker that could step up but hasnt hit 100 in total yet and NEVER hit 20 in a season ANYWHERE over a 12 ish plus year career..

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not easy to stop someone who's main asset is their aerial ability.

If he remains fit and the service into him is decent he will do very well again.
Yeah .. even without tis playin all through him
.. i still see stockley getting 20 plus.. he's a handful .

Langer

So once the season starts he can't leave till January??

JRFowler

So once the season starts he can't leave till January??

Yes Thursday 9th at 5pm window shuts.. that's next Thursday after our first game this weekend..

milts

Yes Thursday 9th at 5pm window shuts.. that's next Thursday after our first game this weekend..
I think the loan window shuts later though? So he could technically leave on loan with a view to a permanent transfer?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the loan window shuts later though? So he could technically leave on loan with a view to a permanent transfer?
Indeed. When the loan window was open throughout the season , there were plenty of ‘loan with a view to permanent transfer ‘ deals. I fear it may be possible to engineer a permanent move in the guise of a loan with an option to buy right up until 31 August. I wonder whether, either at ECFC or elsewhere, there will be such shenanigans between 10 and 31 August.