• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
You’re simply wrong - Ryan could be frustratingly slow at times, but lazy he certainly wasn’t - if you watched him for the whole game he put in far more effort than some others. He was a disciplined player and that’s why Tis likes him.

iscalad

You’re simply wrong - Ryan could be frustratingly slow at times, but lazy he certainly wasn’t - if you watched him for the whole game he put in far more effort than some others. He was a disciplined player and that’s why Tis likes him.
Some people have their own agenda and bitterness towards the club and you will never change that, sadly.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right time for him to leave, from the club's perspective, but some of the comments on here are out of line. He was a creative player, kept the ball well... wasn't great at the physical side of the game or getting up and down the pitch and sometimes he couldn't get things going... which is probably why he didn't make it higher up the leagues.

Wouldn't say there was anything wrong with his attitude or will to win... he's just not great at that side of the game. Being a ball-winning or box-to-box midfielder isn't just about "wanting it", and those skills were weaknesses in his game... not his attitude, in my opinion. Certainly had more than enough to be a major player for us for a long spell, despite his flaws... Leaves more great memories than any player for a long time.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well the wife is happy and I don't need to worry about ginger hair anymore.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley provided us with some glorious moments in his time with us and we have had the best years of his playing career. Good luck Ryan you leave with my best wishes.

malcolms

Don't worry pal, I've made an exception for you. You disrespectful ****
You seriously think it bothers me :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The goal against Lincoln was a very good memory of him. This is a good time to move on.

http://www.exeweb.com/2018/07/10/harley-departs-exeter-for-mk-dons/

Alistair20000

Harley provided us with some glorious moments in his time with us and we have had the best years of his playing career. Good luck Ryan you leave with my best wishes.
Seconded.

The Huddersfield moment will endure in my memory.

LOG

The Huddersfield moment will endure in my memory.
The day on which the phrase "Taken up the Horse and Dray" was born :D

malcolms

Just to clarify my thoughts on Harley. As I said in my initial post he had loads of talent but as was amply demonstrated wherever he went, he lacked the drive/attitude/commitment to make the most of what he had. Does this make him a "tosser"? Possibly not. However, it also means he falls short of the deity that some on here think him to be. It'll be interesting to see how his time in MK turns out.

Last edited: