• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Expect one possibly two further signings by the start of next week
Hopefully as we’re still light in some areas. Right back, centre back and a winger required.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Holmes to MK Dons, there always seemed to be a bit of a love in between him, Tisdale and Oakley.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Holmes to MK Dons, there always seemed to be a bit of a love in between him, Tisdale and Oakley.
Is this official Chap ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this official Chap ?
No, it's guesswork old boy.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy enough if it's Harley off to MKD. Law looks like a straight upgrade, so not sure I see a place for him in the squad. Only players I'd be really upset to lose would be boateng, pym or stockley, but would imagine they'd all command a hefty fee. I like Troy Brown, but he's not played much football... the centre of defence looks a bit injury prone. Hopefully reinforcements in that area arriving.

Last edited:

Max Payne 2

Occasional poster from Australia here but I've been watching Matt taylor's moves so far. He's not acting like a first year manager at all, more like someone who's 2-3 years in. Now i appreciate it helps not to be taking over a club in crisis but he's clearly making decent acquisitions and letting weaker players go. In fact all this talk of a surprise package next season etc etc we could be missing what's right under our noses. I'm really looking forward to next season and trust the new manager to find the players we need.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
With the loss of Lloyd James, and potentially Ryan Harley, then Matt Taylor should have some headroom in the budget for a couple more decent players.

Saint James

Occasional poster from Australia here but I've been watching Matt taylor's moves so far. He's not acting like a first year manager at all, more like someone who's 2-3 years in. Now i appreciate it helps not to be taking over a club in crisis but he's clearly making decent acquisitions and letting weaker players go. In fact all this talk of a surprise package next season etc etc we could be missing what's right under our noses. I'm really looking forward to next season and trust the new manager to find the players we need.
Max, similar thoughts myself so much so that I have for the 1st time backed our team to win the league at 18-1. I know I know we all are a tad biased about our own team but I can see our price dropping rapidly in the next two weeks as the bookies cotton on

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Including Harley, we have 27 players, though that includes a number of youngsters that haven't yet made their full debuts or only one or two appearances. While we might have a winning first XI, we don't seem to have much depth.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't Nicky Law a ball-playing midfielder who's a bit soft in the tackle and gets stuck out on the left a lot of the time, though he'd prefer to play in the centre? Sounds like the perfect description of Harley... Assuming he's an upgrade, then how do you keep Harley happy in the same squad? Can see him leaving to be honest. If it's to MKD, then great, as it means we might get a fee... otherwise, maybe he goes out on loan to Torquay or similar. Seems to be on the wind-down.