• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for wembley

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Same to as last week, obvious.
I'd have said so.

Pobbop

We have to play like we did against Lincoln at home, with no fear, with self-belief, and with the correct team and formation. We can beat them if we start the game with the right attitude, Plllllleeeeeaaaaasssee Tisdale let's not have a "beaten before we start" attitude. Let's not have regrets like we did last year. UTC
We didn't pick a "beaten-before-we-start" team, it was pretty much the one we all wanted. In the end our big players didn't perform, particularly Watkins who seemed to try and do it all, not sure what Tisdale could have done to forsee that,and the bizarre collapse of passing in the second half, after looking the clear winners for 30 minutes. Didn't we give it away about 4 times in the first five minutes of the second-half?

If we freeze like that we'll lose again, doesn't matter what Tisdale does, let's just hope we don't.

Pobbop

Can't edit, so I'll just add,we set up with this side at Wembley:

GK 30 Christy Pym
RB 28 Jack Stacey
CB 39 Troy Brown Substituted off 58'
CB 15 Jordan Moore-Taylor (c)
LB 3 Craig Woodman Substituted off 71'
RM 11 David Wheeler
CM 4 Lloyd James
CM 7 Ryan Harley
LM 25 Jake Taylor
RS 14 Ollie Watkins
LS 12 Joel Grant

I mean, you could actually say it was too attacking.

If you want to criticise Tis, for what was a miserable afternoon, then do it for clearly not preparing them right, or not being proactive when it was clearly going wrong, before Blackpool got the second (even though Browns injury didn't help there), but the trope of him being negative was not true here, I mean I think most were pleased with the team picked and how they lined up.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So nobody else thinks that Jonah should get the Wembley nod then? *

*No rudeness please, my spinal pain is driving me up the wall!

Avening Posse

So nobody else thinks that Jonah should get the Wembley nod then? *

*No rudeness please, my spinal pain is driving me up the wall!
No Pete, they don't :S

Banksy

No Pete, they don't :S
Seconded.(n)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seconded.(n)
Thirded...

Banksy

All I know is , I don't think I can stick losing again at the last hurdle.Every time I glance at the L1 table I grimace when I see Blackpool's name (and in the top half too), so close to it being us.
No , Luton got it dead right , after their playoff disappointments they knew the autos was the only way to go.
I suppose if we don't make it , the big cull will start , players, new manager and all.

IndoMike

All I know is , I don't think I can stick losing again at the last hurdle.Every time I glance at the L1 table I grimace when I see Blackpool's name (and in the top half too), so close to it being us.
No , Luton got it dead right , after their playoff disappointments they knew the autos was the only way to go.
I suppose if we don't make it , the big cull will start , players, new manager and all.
At least we have a financial safety net, with hopes that more money will come in from Ollie Watkins add-ons and Ampadu.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Please keep on topic.