• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Morrish

Matt Russell

The way to replace "one in particular" is to elect like minded people onto the Trust Board. The way to participate in those elections is to become a Trust member. Every Trust member is eligible to stand for the Trust Board, meaning that if you were to take the first step you could help to achieve this all yourself after the next AGM!

Only those over the age of 16 get to vote, OK

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
The way to replace "one in particular" is to elect like minded people onto the Trust Board. The way to participate in those elections is to become a Trust member. Every Trust member is eligible to stand for the Trust Board, meaning that if you were to take the first step you could help to achieve this all yourself after the next AGM!

Only those over the age of 16 get to vote, OK
I dont want to know the various removal procedures, OK! I just made a comment about what I believe is a weak point between the trust and the club board. I suspect things wont change because nobody else wants the job, although whats so difficult in telling the club what the trust want done, I fail to see? They managed to get two years notice served on Tisdales contract; although I suspect one individual in particular went down kicking and screaming!

Matt Russell

I dont want to know the various removal procedures, OK! I just made a comment about what I believe is a weak point between the trust and the club board. I suspect things wont change because nobody else wants the job, although whats so difficult in telling the club what the trust want done, I fail to see? They managed to get two years notice served on Tisdales contract; although I suspect one individual in particular went down kicking and screaming!
I suspect things won't change unless enough people who want change join the Trust.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
More swerves than Pele on this thread !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8FxkBTYu0

IndoMike

a reference to Michels Iron Law of Oligarchy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy
Duly read. I think it is an accurate portrayal.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
So being hypothetical here......

So club board has 8 members, 4 of which are trust board members

The CB decide they want Paul M to continue on.. Fair play

So at the TB meeting there is a vote about keeping him on and lets say there are 10 TB members at the meeting.

The 4 TB who sit on the CB will vote yes and I guess the rest of the TB vote no which means 4 yes and 6 no...

So 6 part timers over rule the 8 CB members that include 4 TB members ...

Cracking piece of democracy that.. Just like a room of 150 people vote on Removal of Paul Tisdale Contract when we have 4000 in the trust..

In regards to Paul Morrish... How did you vote Doug and Pete....?? Just asking for transparency seeing some of the Exeweb massive voted for you.....

Last edited:

malcolms

So being hypothetical here......

So club board has 8 members, 4 of which are trust board members

The CB decide they want Paul M to continue on.. Fair play

So at the TB meeting there is a vote about keeping him on and lets say there are 10 TB members at the meeting.

The 4 TB who sit on the CB will vote yes and I guess the rest of the TB vote no which means 4 yes and 6 no...

So 6 part timers over rule the 8 CB members that include 4 TB members ...

Cracking piece of democracy that.. Just like a room of 150 people vote on Removal of Paul Tisdale Contract when we have 4000 in the trust..

In regards to Paul Morrish... How did you vote Bill and Pete....?? Just asking for transparency seeing some of the Exeweb massive voted for you.....
Democracy relies on the people who have the opportunity to vote, doing so... If they don't, then they lose their right to complain about the lack thereof...

geoffwp

Interesting question. Will it get a straight answer, a politicians reply or a deafening silence?

geoffwp

Democracy relies on the people who have the opportunity to vote, doing so... If they don't, then they lose their right to complain about the lack thereof...
Is that when the Democrats get to hijack the system then Malc?

IndoMike

This is for Lez, not Malcs (error)
The problem with your argument is
1. It is indeed hypothetical, therefore loses value. What if the world ended tomorrow?
2. It's not news that democracy is not perfect : Trump is President of US with a minority vote.
3. It is very democratic to have one man one vote. As Malcs says : if people don't vote or abstain that is their democratic choice. And finally,
4. Are you assuming they would vote against the termination of the roller if they did vote, because you have no evidence to prove that?

Last edited: