• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for WBA?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
So are we picking the team we want to see or the team we think will be picked? Cos I think this is one of the easiest ones to pick, although I think it's an either/or on Harley/Boateng. But I reckon Harley will be benched, with Tillson being fielded to shore up defensive mid, so:

Pym
Sweeney TAH JMT Moxey
Taylor Tillson Boateng Holmes
Stockley McAlinden

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Take the possibly injured JMT and Stockley out of the question and what is the team?

Yeah that's the team we expect to see, still think that Woodman's a more steady player than Moxey, who has failed to impress and doesn't have much pace over Woodman.

Like to see a bit of imagination involved though, falling in love with the idea that the new Jack Sparkes will be unveiled after a mysterious 3 month absence at a health farm in Bolobia, to totally destroy a premiership side.

There again though, that's just me!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Take the possibly injured JMT and Stockley out of the question and what is the team?

Yeah that's the team we expect to see, still think that Woodman's a more steady player than Moxey,

!
They're both good defenders for this level with Woodman's passing being superior, Just think he'll play Moxey because of the occasion and his experience, although Woody doesn't lack that either.

STURTZ

I'd always have Lee Holmes playing though, if fit. Oh and I'd be telling JMT and Stockley to man up, get out there and win us the feckin game.
Did I leave out Lee Holmes?

Put Holmes in midfield for McAlinden and move Macca to partner Stockley up front.

As Antman says It's really an obvious team (without injuries to key players).

Like to see a bit of a shake up from Tis though, throw in a kid or two, it's the enthusiasm we need. (and there aint much around here at the moment.)

manc grecian

Pym
Sweeney
TAH
JMT
Woodman
Taylor
Harley
Tilson
Boateng
Moxey

Stockley

STURTZ

Pym
Sweeney
TAH
JMT
Woodman
Taylor
Harley
Tilson
Boateng
Moxey

Stockley

Brilliant!

Spoonz Red E

If Stockley starts I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Jay starting as well. He got himself into some great positions against Barnet and was unlucky not to bag a couple.
Jamie Reid & Tom Nichols weren't expected as a combo against Liverpool but were effective.

Joshyd123

Jones
Sweeney TAH Seaborne JMT Woodman
Taylor James Boateng Harley
McAlinden

Subs - Pym Moxey Holmes Stockley Jay Tillson Sparkes

Avening Posse

Pym
Sweeney Seaborne JMT Moxey
Taylor Harley Boateng Holmes
McAlinden Stockley

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Against a premier league side you need to have pace and athleticism, hang on a minute.