• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As a reminder this thread is just about the actual updates. Any discussions on the redevelopment should should go in the numerous redevelopment threads.

So, just updates and stuff about them! Makes it easier to keep tabs on the changes.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
As a reminder this thread is just about the actual updates. Any discussions on the redevelopment should should go in the numerous redevelopment threads.

So, just updates and stuff about them! Makes it easier to keep tabs on the changes.
Hants, I think the information is very relevant to this thread, particularly if this change of ownership affects the timing of the scheme or effects changes to it, so please let it run for the sake of continuity. Otherwise you're likely to kill off a very serious thread.

I think it is incumbent on the Club to issue a statement with regard to the change of ownership, and how that change of ownership would reflect itself in the contractual dealings with the Club.

I've had a very brief look at some of these companies involved. At the moment I don't particularly like what I'm seeing but need to do a lot more work before commenting further.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No it's not suitable for this thread. This should be solely about the actual updates. Somewhere that City fans can dip in to and get quick updates on progress without having to trawl through the other stuff. Nice and simple, quick and easy. A thread that I can showcase to a wider audience (and have done so).

Andy Holloway

As at 1400 today - 2nd October 2017;

All the advertising hoardings have been removed from the front of the OG, as well as some of the ones towards the BB.

The steel structural contractors are fitting the metal brackets to the BB roofs at the railways end in preparation for the fitting of the floodlights that will be moved from the OG, to the BB roof.

Preliminary 'demolition' works has started on the old tickets office as well as the part of the OG that was the, old, away fans seating.

The building site hoardings have been delivered ready to be erected to encircle the redevelopment.

Works continues on the removal of tons of spoil from the corner where the old control box and first aid hut were, so as to reduce the height of the wall and attach a metal fence.

I have taken some photos from the road, a public area, for H&S reasons.

Hopefully Hants_Red will post them when he has time.
All in all

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thanks Andy for the updates , sounds like we will start to see changes from now on and looking forward to seeing the pictures.

UTC

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nice try HH
Thank You Mr Fish
A valiant effort that was doomed to fail - should have known better shouldn't I (bangshead)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hopefully Hants_Red will post them when he has time.
All in all
Thanks. I have received them and I should get them up by 10.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pictures from Andy

CWH-NYC_

That is indeed just what I want! A quick update and a few nice pics. Bushes have grown a bit since I last saw them LOL

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Thanks for taking and uploading those Andy and hants. Nice to see things changing as work progresses.