• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or close to six foot if you include his outstretched arm (swear)
Still think that was Shilton's error. He had plenty of time to deal with it and he's taller than Maradonna on a stepladder. I think we need out PhD in Glovesmanship to provide the definitive answer. Pete!

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

I used to watch Kevin Philips at Baldock Town after he was released by Southampton after they said he was too small. Many very high quality players have been small.

Oliver

Johnny Divers....remember him ?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I used to watch Kevin Philips at Baldock Town after he was released by Southampton after they said he was too small. Many very high quality players have been small.
.......Jamie Cureton.

STURTZ

Gone to Liverpool.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep back in the dim and distant past. I think probably one of the shortest players we have had was Mickey Fudge sadly though he was not that good.

chunkymorrinmunter

Yep back in the dim and distant past. I think probably one of the shortest players we have had was Mickey Fudge sadly though he was not that good.
He was ok I thought tho my memory playing tricks,how's about Jason Rees he was decent.could drink to!

MerleyRed

Gone to Liverpool.
Can you elaborate on that.

Grecian2K

Yes. He changed his name to Tim Sills when he signed for the Turkeys.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only made 12 appearances for us in 1956/57 but remember him well - probably because he was little more than 5ft tall. He died in 2005 at 73.
He's in a picture I've seen on here with George Hunter on the ground at Leyton Orient.

Last edited: