• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stacey and Croll

Saint James

Agree with this. I also like Croll, each time I have seen him I thought he has played well, but agree Sweeney is a decent CB and more than capable of challenging Brown and JMT for a starting place in those positions, so total agreement on trying to focus on natural LB / RB's. I would sign Croll anyway if at all possible as I suspect JMT may not be with us for the long haul
AP, if as potentially likely JMT moves on (I would argue he needs to do so within the next 12 months if he is to go to the next level) and the penny finally drops on Henville we are very short of CH's so Croll as a back up to me looks like an excellent option if he does sign.

Exe on Valdez

I think that Croll will become a decent player at some stage. He appears to have the right stuff. Next season, with City, would be ideal.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
all that effort in hoodwinking Reading into not wanting Jack Stacey ends up with him signing for Luton(not on a free transfer though)

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2017/june/jack-stacey-signs/

Last edited:

Saint James

Comment from Jack "I spoke to the manager and he outlined his vision for the club, and how the main aim of the season is to get promoted. That's why I'm here." Doesn't exactly seem like he sees us as challenging on that basis? Unless it's just code for thanks for tripling my wages boss.

IndoMike

I wonder if Tisdale really wanted to keep him. With a few million coming in over the summer I feel sure we could have paid him appropriately if we had wanted. However, it is true that he often sat on the bench (surprisingly) during the last 15 games : one of Tisdale's unfathomable decisions. But i guess Luton is a bigger club, has more ambition, and is probably closer to his roots/ girl etc.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wond However, it is true that he often sat on the bench (surprisingly) during the last 15 games : one of Tisdale's unfathomable decisions. .
I don't see this as unfathomable at all. He played the majority of the season and one thing we had in the playoffs semis was fresh players at the end of both games. His last minute goal might never have come had that not been the case. And if Tis knew he was going then the logical thing to do would be try out other options before next season.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't see this as unfathomable at all. He played the majority of the season and one thing we had in the playoffs semis was fresh players at the end of both games. His last minute goal might never have come had that not been the case. And if Tis knew he was going then the logical thing to do would be try out other options before next season.
So Tisdale hardly played Stacey at the back of the season to save him for the play offs ??? I've heard it all now.

andrew p long

Stacey was fantastic going forward but was new to right back and sometimes his inexperience there showed. For example in the play off final I thought we looked really vulnerable down that wing. Personally (like most City fans) I thought that was a price worth paying, but I can understand why a more defensive choice might be made. Bit surprised that Luton have described signing 'an attacking full back' as I reckon his best position is further forward.

denzil

If we didn't have so many fringe players taking a wage maybe we could have offered Stacey a deal.

denzil

Oh and we're still treated on the Official site to the delights of "new" away days for the coming season - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not even "we're back for preseason blah, blah, blah !! Perhaps even generate a bit of excitement..................